Joe Bonamassa - Gary Moore's Midnight Blues

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
winston
Membership Admin

Joe Bonamassa - Gary Moore's Midnight Blues

Post by winston »

Joe Bonamassa - Gary Moore's Midnight Blues playing Rory Gallagher's Stratocaster

This is fabulous.......... just fabulous. Rory would have a huge grin on his face to hear this and so would Gary. They were two of the very best blues musicians in the world. A big thanks goes out to Donal (Rory's brother and manager) for letting Joe play Rory's Strat.

I had the privilege of also playing that guitar in the dressing room in Calgary on Rory's 1975 tour of Canada. It was also my privilege to share the same stage and some good times with Rory and his band. He is sorely missed.

There is a huge movement headed by Dino McGartland out of Ireland to get Rory inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I added my name to that petition. Slash did recently too.

Join us if you can and if you feel the same way as we do. Rory belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame IMO.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
winston
Membership Admin

Re: Joe Bonamassa - Gary Moore's Midnight Blues

Post by winston »

A link to the petition that I mentioned http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rory ... alloffame/
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

Done.
"The best things in life aren't things."
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Thanks Ken,

Every name on the petition means that the organisers are one step closer to getting the attention of the RRHOF and hopefully between us all, we can get Rory inducted.

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”