Debra Killings

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Debra Killings

Post by rickenbrother »

I came across this lady by accident on Facebook. Forget the fact that she's playing a 6 string bass guitar. I'm not into 6 sting basses, just the fact that she adapted to this wide neck and plays very well and sings very well at the same time also, whereas most men whine about a 1mm neck girth change on a 4 string. She seems like an average sized young woman.
Not too crazy about most of the music she does, but this tune is pretty good, a cross between some old school R&B and modern jazz.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
cassius987

Re: Debra Killings

Post by cassius987 »

Isn't it okay for people to know what they like, Joey? In any case that's a powerful performance. I don't think I'd be too comfy on that thing! Power to her.

Speaking of awesome female bassist/singers...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

cassius987 wrote:Isn't it okay for people to know what they like, Joey?
Of course it is! I did say in my post that I'm not into 6 string basses. I probably wouldn't be comfortable on that thing either!
I've been here about 10 years, I know some guys really do need a thinner neck for their needs, but I've seen a few guys go on about thin necks more like it's a status to have, like a vintage instrument, more than it means to their comfort.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

rickenbrother wrote:I did say in my post that I'm not into 6 string basses. I probably wouldn't be comfortable on that thing either!
I've been here about 10 years, I know some guys really do need a thinner neck for their needs, but I've seen a few guys go on about thin necks more like it's a status to have, like a vintage instrument, more than it means to their comfort.
I take it the Fender Bass VI is your mortal enemy? :wink:

The perfect bass for me is a Danelectro Longhorn bass because of the short scale and thin neck. I also groove on Hofner Beatle or Club basses. But of course, for me, if the tone of an instrument can't be beaten, then any neck size will do for me.

Thanks for posting the video, Joey. This woman's got talent and knows her way around a six-string bass!

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”