E7...

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
jps
RRF Consultant

E7...

Post by jps »

...never sounded so good, eh? 8)

sowhat
RRF Consultant

Re: E7...

Post by sowhat »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i remember, CCR had a few one-chord songs (Graveyard Train, Green River, Commotion, Run Through the Jungle, right off the top of my head). Nice trick, imho. It's not easy to write a song using only one chord without making it sound too repetitive.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

Hi, I remember Green River as having multiple chords (3?). Still, CCR did a lot with very little. Tom
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Hey Sheena....it's good to see you here. :D One chords songs HAVE to be interesting otherwise they fail miserably. :wink:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I can't decide which I like best, Green River or Yellow River. 8)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

So it sounds to me, Tom. However, i've heard it through the grapevine, ehm, read it in one of John Fogerty's interviews that Green River was an E7 song. Maybe i misinterpreted something, could be.
Hi Brian. :wink: I'm always here — more as a reader, though.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

sowhat wrote:It's not easy to write a song using only one chord without making it sound too repetitive.
For sure. Seems like Tool does that every so often or comes darn close, but they play a lot with rhythm and hooks to offset the monotonality. It rarely occurs to me until I learn a song.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Nice to hear you visit a lot. It's good to see you posting though Sheena. :D My best to you as always.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”