Eberhard Weber

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
jps
RRF Consultant

Eberhard Weber

Post by jps »

A great performance by one of my favorite bassists. 8)

xpitt
Intermediate Member

Re: Eberhard Weber

Post by xpitt »

Jeff, thanks for posting, indeed one of the best. In the late eighties he was performing solo concerts and I was lucky to host him when he was playing in the music venue I ran these days here in Munich. Sadly he can't play anymore since a stroke he suffered in 2007 just before a concert with Jan Garbarek.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Yes, it is unfortunate that he can not perform, now. I last read in interview with him shortly after the stroke, at that time he was not sure whether he would be able tp play any longer. Fortunately, there is a great many recording of his work.

Are you familiar with Terje Gewelt? Another, wonderful bassist. I have one or two of his CDs; I learned about Terje through the defunct Bassics magazine many years ago. His mother-in-law lives in a small town east of Cleveland called Burton.
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

jps wrote: Are you familiar with Terje Gewelt? Another, wonderful bassist. I have one or two of his CDs; I learned about Terje through the defunct Bassics magazine many years ago. His mother-in-law lives in a small town east of Cleveland called Burton.
Thanks, :) No, I haven't heard from him, but I will check youtube. Another bassist played fanatstic solo concerts in my place these times : Krzysztof Scieranski, a super nice guy from Poland and fantastic peformer with echoes, loops and stuff like that - exciting :)

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”