I’m Gonna’ Be (500 Miles) from Baker Street

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
hamilton_square

I’m Gonna’ Be (500 Miles) from Baker Street

Post by hamilton_square »

Screen captured from BBC Scotland; two hour-long documentaries featuring the distinctly Scots flavoured song-writing and performing talents of, first from the 1970s, the intensely private and ultimately tragic Gerry Rafferty. Followed from the 1980s by the Scottish-to-the-core identical twin brothers, Craig and Charlie Reid, AKA The Proclaimers. Each in their own way uncompromising in their approaches.

Click here to watch … Gerry Rafferty: Right Down the Line

Click here to watch … The Proclaimers: This is the story

PS: I have enabled the English subtitle function on both recordings should any non-UK viewers encounter problems understanding the distinct regional Scots accents spoken by many of the participants.
espidog

Re: I’m Gonna’ Be (500 Miles) from Baker Street

Post by espidog »

Watched the Gerry Rafferty one last night. Learned quite a lot about him that I didn't know. The visuals were rather annoying, though: repeated meaningless close-up tracking shots of amplifier control panels to cover the fact that they didn't have enough relevant footage to illustrate what was being said. Otherwise pretty interesting, though.

The Proclaimers documentary is a different animal, directorially: much sharper and more engaging, I guess because there's so much more material to draw on ...and of course they could interview the brothers themselves. A really good watch! :)
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”