Welcome Aboard Tony Carey

A round-table feedback exchange
admin
Site Admin

Welcome Aboard Tony Carey

Post by admin »

Welcome Tony. I am looking forward to many interesting discussions about recording. Thanks so much for your willingness to take this on.

For Forum members, let's be sure to give Tony a high gain welcome.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
shinynewtoy
Intermediate Member

Post by shinynewtoy »

Great idea! I've started doing alot of recording lately (with the intent of an eventual regular gig) and welcome all knowledge that I'm sure I'll pick up.
What do you mean the Bass is too loud???
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Recording... cool! done it once... 8-)
Welcome Tony 8-) i'll sure drop in here from time to time... 8-)
Cheers,
Sheena.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
kcole4001

Post by kcole4001 »

Welcome! An excellent idea, since this subject was a recent topic elsewhere. I'm sure we can all learn something.
Plus five minus five!
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

Tony, welcome! I haven't done much recording lately, focusing on live performaces, but I have recorded 3 CD's in the past where I had to do a LOT of multi-tracking, as I am a multi-instrumentalist, and have also done some production work. Looking forward to seeing this topic grow!
"They make great f***'n basses". - Lemmy, NAMM 2009
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Congrats on your new gig, Tony! I'll be lurking......
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Tony,

I am very pleased that you are willing to share your vast experience with those of us who merely dabble in your profession.

All the best,

Brian
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Congrats Tony! Well done!

BTW is all your recording gear FG as well? Image

...Dean
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
nattiep
Advanced Member

Post by nattiep »

I'm sorry.. does everyone get their own section of the forum now? No offense, but this has got me wondering.
1976 Rickenbacker 4001
2011/05 Fender Standard Fretless Jazz Bass
2005/11 Fender Standard Jazz Bass
rob
Veteran RRF member

Post by rob »

Don't be taking this personal Nate, as I probably will not get my own section on the forum as well. It would be a good guess that if a forum member or two has a certain knowledge that would be helpful to this forum, then they should deserve some cool recognition.
dean712
Intermediate Member

Post by dean712 »

Tony, thanks for agreeing to host this topic area. The timing is absolutely perfect for me, as my band has booked studio time for Jan 20-22 to record our second CD. I learned a lot the first time and am looking forward to doing more and better the second time. I'll be doing all of the bass guitar, plus a little 12-string (gotta love the 660/12!), and a kalimba part (if you can believe that). Welcome and thanks - what a great idea for a section!
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Tony!

I apologize for catching onto this at such a late date, but--WELCOME!

I usually enter a thread through my e-mail notices. Today I discovered two new moderated topic areas...

It will be a pleasure to enhance my knowledge and hopefully participate a bit here, too.

Oh, and by the way--the title is a hoot!
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”