A Rick 12 Classic from Studio Z

A round-table feedback exchange
vynesmusic

A Rick 12 Classic from Studio Z

Post by vynesmusic »

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9839999

Recorded by The FogBand in 1977, features Canadian Victor Wells (google this cat) on a black 360-12 with the 6-string conversion rig removed. His great, jazzy solo on this song blows me away still to this day... :roll:

Other Naperville, Illinois musicians on the track, Mitch Eales (google dis cat too) on the Les Paul solo guitar, Mark Susmark on drums, meself on bass and wah-wah Strat....AND.....my lovely wife Leany on the lead vocal---her first recording. :D

Yes.....more SHAMELESS self promotion..... :oops: :oops: :lol:

YESSSS....I know....it's too long........sho 'nuff, too dang long...BUT.....welllll..... :mrgreen:
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
ram

Re: A Rick 12 Classic from Studio Z

Post by ram »

Nice Gee... really like the different tones in the lead(s) towards the end
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

Thanks Tom, that's an old recording done on a Dokorder 8140 reel-to-reel 4-track.....I just thought everyone should hear Vic Well's 12-string solo..... :roll:
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

Just realized---the title of this epic is "Southern Ladies--1861" :oops: :oops: :x 8)

the song was written by meself......after a full bottle of Romilar CF was consumed......jes kiddin'..... 8)
wim
Intermediate Member

Post by wim »

I like it very much :D
It has that classic 70ies vibe to it
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

Nice! A nugget right out of the 70's! It's interesting hearing a Rick-12 as a predominant feature in the 70's pop genre. Not oft heard (by me, anyway.) It brings to mind some influences that I wouldn't have anticipated running together - Tod Rundgren, The Allman Bros, Aundrea True Connection, Pilot...
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

THANKS, gents :D

It was DEFINITELY the 70s.....long, epic songs with sometimes boring guitar solos and drum solos......strange lyrics....I appreciate your comments and glad you got a kick out of the track..... :lol:

And MARk....you said the magic words....Todd Rundgren.......what a talent..... :roll:

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”