Give It Back ...

A round-table feedback exchange
electrofaro

Re: Give It Back ...

Post by electrofaro »

Robert pointed me in the direction of this thread - thanks, Robert, without you I would've missed the RRF song of the year (imo)!

Now, that guitar sounds sweet, Chapman - well done song in total, if I may join the rest in saying so! :D
Does the 330 have toasters (the one in your avatar)?
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
lcjones

Post by lcjones »

Folks,

Thank you for your thoughts and extremely high praise of this tune. I sincerely appreciate it.

Technical details.....

74 Guild D25 Acoustic
05 RIck 330/6
10 Spencer (El Realio El Cheap-eo Bass..note to self... I want a 4001 or 4003 really bad!:) )
Beta Monkey Drum Samples
Vocals & Harmonies .... by me.

The big note is the Ric 330/6. There are no over dubs or double tracking on the Rick. There are two tracks, panned left and right, for the Ric. Each track playing a different part. A Ric 12 was not used in this recording.

The Ric is modified with a pair of toasters (in my avatar) and a sweet volume push/pull switch mod that goes from stock 330/6 tones to vintage tones through a Ric .0047 cap. Courtesy of another RRF member, whojamfan. :) I traded an 05 Gretsch 6119 TR for the modified 330/6 with whojamfan :). Thank you man! Needless to say where I keep the switch!

I was also running Curt Mangan flat wound 11's on the Ric. The Ric was running through a JB-1 box, into a DanEcho, into an MAudio Buddy preamp and in to a mono channel on a Behringer 1222fx mixer.

Audio tweaking was provided though an MAudio Delta 2496 PCI sound card, oblivious to Windows sound drivers. Tracks were recorded into Mixcraft Audio Editor Version 4.0. I have since upgraded to version 5 of Mixcraft. Apparently V5 cannot deal with V4 tracks so I cannot open version4 files .... which pisses me off....

None the less, this is a basement recording and I am pretty happy with it! :)

Again, thank you all for your great input!

Chap
martynwelch

Post by martynwelch »

Just recently joined so trawling through the sound files until I arrived at this one. What a fabulous production - the 330 sounds stunning and the whole piece has great presence and punch. Listening on headphones I was surrounded by Ricks, or so it seemed. More please. 8)
lcjones

Post by lcjones »

martynwelch wrote:Just recently joined so trawling through the sound files until I arrived at this one. What a fabulous production - the 330 sounds stunning and the whole piece has great presence and punch. Listening on headphones I was surrounded by Ricks, or so it seemed. More please. 8)
Thank you very kindly, Martyn.

Chap

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”