Wishin' You Were Here (original)

A round-table feedback exchange
lcjones

Wishin' You Were Here (original)

Post by lcjones »

Hey folks,

Been working on this tune. Using 360/12, 330/6 & Guild D25 Acoustic. Would really appreciate your thoughts not only about the song but especially the mix ....

http://www.chapmanjones.com/moonbow/wis ... -29-11.mp3

Thanks,

Chap
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Re: Wishin' You Were Here (original)

Post by beatbyrd »

lcjones wrote:Hey folks,

Been working on this tune. Using 360/12, 330/6 & Guild D25 Acoustic. Would really appreciate your thoughts not only about the song but especially the mix ....

http://www.chapmanjones.com/moonbow/wis ... -29-11.mp3

Thanks,

Chap
Hi Chap, Sure wish I could play guitar like that. I liked the song very much, especially the guitar work and the energy of the tune. Any suggestions you get as far as the mix will be completely subjective, based on the personal tastes of the listener. Having said that, the only way I'd change it, if it were my tune, is to bring up the rhythm section a bit. The bass sounded a bit quiet to me and the drums sounded muted with too little definition in the kick, snare, and cymbals. You might want to add a bit more reverb on the vocals to give them more of a 'live' sound. Maybe add one or two more harmony parts, Eagles-style. Or..... you could just leave it alone. I really liked the chime you got on the 12. Great job. Tom
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
lcjones

Post by lcjones »

Thank you Tom,

I like the idea of more harmonies .... going for broke! :) I believe I've brought up the other things you mention in the mix.

Chap
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

Great playing and nice tune! You really know how to jangle mate :D
Regarding the mix I would have gone for a more "live" sound with more ambience. Probably by recording the mix on a condenser mic and adding the track to the original mix. Or probably by sending the mix to a reel-to-reel and sending it back. Maybe even both.
Others would say that I'm a bit crazy :lol:

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”