HydroElectric's debut single

A round-table feedback exchange
rikk
Intermediate Member

HydroElectric's debut single

Post by rikk »

My new band HydroElectric has just released our debut single called "Cut Me Down." You can check it out here: www.hydroelectricmusic.bandcamp.com. I'm using a 4001 v63. Hope you like it. We rock out like Motörhead, I mean Hawkwind;-[)
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: HydroElectric's debut single

Post by jps »

Great to hear this. 8) It does sound like the guitarists run the show, though. I have BTDT. Can you get a mix with the bass and drums higher up where they belong? :wink:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

As an aside........we used to have a band in Vancouver BC in the mid 60's called the Hydro Electric Street Car..........everybody called them Hydro Electric. Our electric utility company was called British Columbia Electric which evolved into BC Hydro and Power Authority in the early 60's. Now it's just called BC Hydro. Obviously that's where they got the name from. :D

Jeff are you saying that guitar players don't or perhaps shouldn't run the show? :lol: You're a typical bass player. :lol: :lol: :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Me? Typical? :lol: :lol: :lol:
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I have to agree with Jeff. But I dig your sound. This takes me back in a way, as I hear some nostalgic and trippy sounds in your style. Very cool. 8) 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
rikk
Intermediate Member

Post by rikk »

Thanks for taking a listen. This is the final mix. I wish I could be louder, but the guitar player's sound is so full it cuts into my frequency range. We went back and forth on mixing it different but this is where it ended up.
ricmic

Post by ricmic »

Bro, it's not really about what they want, but what the tune needs. There is a reason that rock music and rock bands have bass players. When you remove them to this extent it becomes obvious why the "Bass" is supposed to be there in the first place. I liked the tune and your work. You have to make it clear that the band will suffer without a strong showing from you and the drums. Just my opinion Bro. Mark

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”