Fantasy #29 in G Major - Bass & Drum mix

A round-table feedback exchange
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

Fantasy #29 in G Major

While putting my bass demo together for more session & live work, I've done a few bass & drum instrumental mixes of some of my older tunes. This one is particularly bass-heavy featuring three different basses - the '68 4001 for the clean bassline, the '79 'Harley Bass' for the super distorted lines, and the '79 4001SLH for the steel drum sounding lines.

'Harley Bass'

1968 4001

1979 4001SLH

I like pichures.
ricmic

Re: Fantasy #29 in G Major - Bass & Drum mix

Post by ricmic »

D..A..M..N!!! Dude, that stomps. I love the drums. Of course the bass work was excellent. The main phrase is very catchy, especially if you're a bass player. Love your work Bro. Mark
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Mark, that Fantasy#29 is a pretty wild tune there !! 8) Congrats !
And your bass collection is real cool. 8) Are you right or left handed ?

I also listened to (and enjoyed) several tracks on your digiatal album Tea Party on your link. Particularly like that you put a Ric-o-phile note to advise us of what Rics are on each tune !!
walker
Advanced Member

Re: Fantasy #29 in G Major - Bass & Drum mix

Post by walker »

Thanks guys! This was a fun one. Fun = loud! Here's the original in case you guys haven't already suss'd it out:

Fantasy #29 in G Major

I play righty - just have the one lefty bass strung right-handed. It was my 3rd Rick, so I wanted to change it up a little.

Glad that you find the Rick-O-Phile meta data useful! Kind of interesting when comparing bass sounds.

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”