One Good Day

A round-table feedback exchange
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

One Good Day

Post by blueflamerick »

Please take a listen to this 1st mix of "One Good Day" by my band, Andy Vaughan & The Driveline. My bass track is all Rickenbacker. I'm playing my fretless 4001 with Rickenbacker flatwound strings through my B-22 Supersonic amp.

We're a country and western swing band, which I know is not the cup of tea for a lot of you, but I hope you all enjoy it.

http://soundcloud.com/erik-kutzler/one-good-day
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: One Good Day

Post by rickenbrother »

Country music is definitely not my cup of tea, but I'll give a listen to anything you're playing on or is played with a Rickenbacker bass. Both in this case, Erik!
Nice job keeping your intonation, timing and not over-playing. Did you use one pickup or two?
Best of luck with that. I think under your member rank, you should be a professional player since that is now your livelihood as well as being one of the best bassists that I personally know. 8) :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Thanks Joey! That means a lot coming from one of the best bass players I know. I used both pickups.

I used the B-22 on all the bass tracks on the album, but I played my Road Worn P bass on most of the other tracks, and doubled a few songs with a baritone played with a pick and some heavy palm muting.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Very nice mix, Erik. The song made me think of good old Pure Prairie League. 8)

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”