Questions and Comments About RRF CD4

A round-table feedback exchange
admin
Site Admin

Questions and Comments About RRF CD4

Post by admin »

Feel free to ask any detailed questions or offer any comments you may have with regard to the upcoming CD4. Rikk Desgres is at the helm from the technical side so this is the place to discuss our 4th CD which we hope to have under your tree this Christmas. :D
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rikk
Intermediate Member

Re: Questions and Comments About RRF CD4

Post by rikk »

I'm excited and ready for the challenge. Let's get the tracks ready!
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

I'm pretty sure you outlined the details on the Facebook sister-page, but what is the deadline for submissions again?
rikk
Intermediate Member

Post by rikk »

walker wrote:I'm pretty sure you outlined the details on the Facebook sister-page, but what is the deadline for submissions again?
We are going with the Nov 1 deadline, but that is tight to get things done and mailed. So there can be no extensions. The sooner people send me things the better.

I would say artwork deadline for preliminary design would have to be Oct 1.

Next week I will setup a way for everyone to get me materials.
rikk
Intermediate Member

Post by rikk »

I think Dropbox or YouSendIt.com (or similar web service) might be the best way to get me files. You can join Dropbox via this link: http://db.tt/yh6yZbN

If you have a track or artwork IM me and I will instruct you how to upload. - Next week sometime I will have a link to forms you can fill out with your info.

Rikk
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

Dropbox is a fantastic service and provides the best file hosting on the web even for free users.
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

In addition to the above metioned, 'WeTransfer' is another good one. I don't believe a membership is required, and you can send files up to 2G.

https://www.wetransfer.com/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Another great resource Mark. Thanks.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please note that all contributors to the RRF CD4 will need to submit an Individual Property Rights Form. You can print off a copy from the image attached or contact the admin with an email address and a pdf will be sent to you.
RRF IPR Form.pdf
(55.75 KiB) Downloaded 757 times

chrisdski
Intermediate Member

Post by chrisdski »

I have a question regarding internet sales (iTunes etc). If I submit a song for RRF CD4, and I have the same song on my bands CD on iTunes, how does that work with the royalties for the iTunes sale? Is it 2 seperate download "accounts- RRF vs band" depending on where the customer found and bought the tune? The main clarification is I do not want to give up all rights to the song via download sales forever, only donate sales thru RRF CD4 sales. Chris.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Chris: You can certainly submit a song for the RRF CD4 that does not include itunes if that is you wish. We have plans to submit the tracks to itunes as well for those who agree with this option. Some people may want the download option through itunes rather than the CD. We are grateful for your submission and want you to be happy too. :)

chrisdski
Intermediate Member

Post by chrisdski »

Peter- Is the iTunes sale one complete compilation (all the songs in one sale), or can people buy the songs individually via iTunes? I would suggest you sell the iTunes as one complete compilation/download. That would keep it on par with the CD sale for funding, and eliminate any murkiness for bands that may have the same tune for sale via iTunes. Perhaps that is how it is planned anyways? I'm not sure from the previous discussions. Chris
rikk
Intermediate Member

Post by rikk »

The full "album only" downloads may be possible but not practical with digital distribution on site such as iTunes, amazon etc. But there is another way to do it is. We could sell the full album ONLY on RRF as a digital download of the full album. I have a solution in use with some of my albums set up this way.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Hi Rikk,

Can you post some instructions for our members so they can can post tunes to Dropbox in order for you to retrieve them.

Cheers,

Brian
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

I've got two tunes on the way!

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”