New recording: Brutes

A round-table feedback exchange
walker
Advanced Member

New recording: Brutes

Post by walker »

Here's a new song, 'Brutes'. It's a collaboration I did with French Walker. (no relation) She wrote the song some odd years ago, but the little home recording she did was really noisy and didn't do the song justice in my mind. I told her I really liked the song and asked her if she ever thought of re-recording some of her older songs now that she had better studio gear. She liked the idea and asked me if I'd produce it. The instrumentation is based on what she played on her original recording, and I replicated it the best I could with the instruments I have. And added loud bass, of course. And luckily she was fine with that!

After the song had been kicking around in my head for a day or so, a new part came to me. I showed it to French and she liked it, so it became a new bridge section for the song. I also sang the lower harmony part. And thanks to technology now allowing cross-continental collaborations, she was able to do her vocals in Seattle while I did my stuff here in NY.

Rick-0-phile info: The bass is my '68 4001. I usually use my '79 Harley bass for the loud stuff, but I just recently recharged the HS mags on the '68, and it bumped up the volume to a level sufficient for hitting the preamp good and hard.
walker
Advanced Member

Re: New recording: Brutes

Post by walker »

And as always: Best served loud.

:twisted:

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”