Two new songs finished this week

A round-table feedback exchange
Rya

Post by Rya »

Been very busy in the studio this week. Two new songs finished - 'So...' and 'Another Day'. I hope somebody likes them! All feedback welcome.
Have a nice weekend.
https://soundcloud.com/rya66/so
https://soundcloud.com/rya66/another-day
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Stu -- I like your pop-music sound/style. Kind of Beatlesque or sixties reminiscent.

I would be interested to know the details of which Rickenbacker's played on your several songs on SoundCloud.
Rya

Re: Two new songs finished this week

Post by Rya »

8mileshigher wrote:Stu -- I like your pop-music sound/style. Kind of Beatlesque or sixties reminiscent.

I would be interested to know the details of which Rickenbacker's played on your several songs on SoundCloud.
Thanks Rich, that's a real compliment to me as The Beatles are my favourite band and the 60's my favourite era for music. I only have one Rickenbacker, a 330 (seriel no.9984705). A wonderful guitar! Since having it it is the only electric I record with. The only footpedal I use (and I use it a lot) is called the Tech 21 Liverpool. It's basically a Vox emulator. Both of the songs here used Rickenbackers. The only other electric used is the rhythm guitar heard at the beginning of 'So..' and that is a cheap Gibson copy called a Rockwood. It was used because I didn't have the Ric with me when I did the guitar guide track and I just never bothered to redo it.
If you want to know anything specific about any of the songs just ask and I will answer as best as I can.
Thanks for your feedback Rich. :)
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

More fine work, Stuart! Nice guitar sound and very professional production all the way around. And last, but certainly not least, great songwriting. 8)
Rya

Post by Rya »

Folkie wrote:More fine work, Stuart! Nice guitar sound and very professional production all the way around. And last, but certainly not least, great songwriting. 8)
Thanks Robert. Songwriting is what I love doing most of all so it's really nice when I get some positive feedback from it. Thanks for listening :-)

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”