"Break-in" Backing Track Loop

A round-table feedback exchange
antipodean

"Break-in" Backing Track Loop

Post by antipodean »

After a short and uncelebrated career as a pub/punk rocker in the 80s and my current stint as bass-player in a swing band, I have finally had a small piece of music published - as the backing loop to a simple Windows 8/RT game.

The background:

My elder son Nathan, a first-year software student, has entered a competition run by Microsoft Australia to write an app for the Windows 8/RT platforms. He has had two games approved by Microsoft and posted for free download at their app store. He asked me to provide some backing music that reflected the retro nature of the games - "something electronic, like Kraftwerk" was the brief. Summoning my inner Florian Schneider, I mocked up a couple of 20-second loops plus a few sound effects.

Here are the links to the games, they run on windows 8, 8.1 and RT:

Break In Marathon

Break In Sprint

Full disclosure: Nathan gets kudos, an X-box, but most importantly a cool line for his CV if he achieves 75 downloads or 10 reviews of four stars or better for each game.

I would be most grateful for your feedback as to whether I have met the brief and have a future as an electronica maestro... and Nathan would be most grateful for your support.

Many thanks! :D
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: "Break-in" Backing Track Loop

Post by jps »

I wish I could but I am an (very happy) OS X user. I wish Nathan (and your soundtrack) the best. :D
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

jps wrote:I wish I could but I am an (very happy) OS X user. I wish Nathan (and your soundtrack) the best. :D
Thanks for the kind thoughts Jeff!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

jps wrote:I wish I could but I am an (very happy) OS X user. I wish Nathan (and your soundtrack) the best. :D
Likewise, have a number of Windows platforms, but nothing on Win 8 yet.

Best wishes for Nathan and your track...
8) :D
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Hey you two are practicably neighbors, when's the barbi and Fosters :mrgreen: time?
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

jps wrote:Hey you two are practicably neighbors, when's the barbi and Fosters :mrgreen: time?
How about next Summer? I don't have anything planned for Christmas yet...

But, Foster's????
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Oh, that's right, all the Fosters comes to America! :shock: It's Australian for beer, right? :mrgreen:
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

jps wrote:Oh, that's right, all the Fosters comes to America! :shock: It's Australian for beer, right? :mrgreen:
Dear me Jeff, Foster's is to Australian Beer what Budweiser is to US beer.... a sad parody at best! My NZ friends tell me that Steinlager is held in similar regard over there.

It'll be a few months until we get the barbecue up and running again. Winter is setting in, with temperatures getting as low as 16 or 17C in Sydney over the next week or so. I'll have to break out the anorak and mittens and stay close to the kitchen stove.... The very thought of outdoor cooking in that sort of weather chills me to the bone.

Back on topic - anyone out there using Windows 8/8.1 or RT? Anyone.....?

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”