New jangle-pop tune here

A round-table feedback exchange
Fab4ever

New jangle-pop tune here

Post by Fab4ever »

Hi. I'd love any feedback you've got on this jingle-jangle confection I finished up today. Thanks in advance!

http://www.reverbnation.com/christopher ... o-the-wire
jimk
RRF Consultant

Re: New jangle-pop tune here

Post by jimk »

I particularly like your George Harrison influenced slide work. I've often wondered how one gets that sound; guitar used, string gauges, glass or metal slide, etc.
JimK
Fab4ever

Post by Fab4ever »

Hey thanks, JimK.In this case, I used an old Kay hollow-body with two single-coil pickups in it - one was the original "speed bump" pickup, at the neck; the other was a Gibson P90. I think I had both pickups active when I recorded the slide parts. Strings were .11 gauge nickle round-wounds. I really want to get a cheap Strat and set it up for slide so I can *really* cop Harrison's tone, but the parts in this song, I hope, capture the "feel" if not the precision or musicality of Harrison's work.
lcjones

Post by lcjones »

Hey Fab,

A little late to the show but wow!, I really like this tune. +1 on the GH slide work. I envy you that. I've got a late 90's MIM Strat that I attempt to mimic GH with. But he's one in the proverbial million. And single string slide like GH does is a superior art form. I really dig the fact that you laid off "over sliding." You served the song well. ;)

In the meantime, your work, your melody and lyrics, vocal and performing presence created an excellent tune. Reminds me very much like something Blue Rodeo would do.

Yeah, that's a keeper! ;)

Chap

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”