'Marlene' is my new song. I hope you like it.

A round-table feedback exchange
Rya

'Marlene' is my new song. I hope you like it.

Post by Rya »

https://soundcloud.com/rya66/marlene

Hi, once again all feedback is welcome. Also, if you like the music please do visit my band's Facebook page and leave a 'like' or a comment. Every little thing helps to raise our profile. Thanks, and I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful summer.
Link to our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/rya68/
Folkie
Advanced Member

Re: 'Marlene' is my new song. I hope you like it.

Post by Folkie »

Once again, you've struck gold! "Marlene" may be the prettiest song you've recorded. Your guitar sound has Rickenbacker written all over it. What gear was used on this track? This is one I would definitely send to the internet radio stations. :D
Rya

Re: 'Marlene' is my new song. I hope you like it.

Post by Rya »

Folkie wrote:Once again, you've struck gold! "Marlene" may be the prettiest song you've recorded. Your guitar sound has Rickenbacker written all over it. What gear was used on this track? This is one I would definitely send to the internet radio stations. :D
Thanks Robert, I'm glad you like the song. I've had a few good comments about it, and It's always good to hear what people think. I will submit it to radio, hopefully have more luck with this one.
The recording of 'Marlene' was quite straight forward and fast. The Ricky 330 was DI'd into the desk via a Vox simulator pedal. It's just one guitar playing with 3 overdubs done in the choruses. I did a hi shelf EQ and added a reverb to it, that's all. The bass guitar is also DI'd into the desk. I've no idea what make it is, I've had it years and it's a bloody horrible thing to play. Nothing was done to the sound of it at all. The vocal was easy, recorded with my old Shure mic DI'd into the desk. EQ'd it to roll off the bottom end, added slapback, reverb, and a small amount of compression to the verses. The chorus had much more compression, no slapback, and some tape saturation added. This was a nice one to do as everything about it was easy and quick.
It's surprising to see the response to songs because I might do one and think 'This one's really good' and get very little back, and another song, which doesn't impress me at all, might get a great response. People are so unpredictable, ha ha.

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”