'Another Time, Another Place' (live) is our May recording

A round-table feedback exchange
Rya

'Another Time, Another Place' (live) is our May recording

Post by Rya »

https://soundcloud.com/rya66/another-ti ... place-live

I wonder if I'm putting too much on here...it would be nice to hear more new recordings from other members.
Well, I decided to submit a live recording since I haven't done that before. It was recorded at a rehearsal last month. There are no overdubs so it is just one guitar (my Ricky played thro a Vox AC30), bass, drums, and a vocal. The vocal harmony is generated through a footpedal. The lead guitar line I play is going through an auto-wah pedal.
'Another time, another place' is a song of mine that I quite like although the subject is not particularly pleasant. It's a song about domestic violence and has some basis in the truth, so for anyone interested in background stories...
Years ago I was a taxi driver in England for a while and doing that job means you meet people from all walks of life. One man I used to pick up late every Friday night from the pub was always drunk. I never once saw him sober. One of his pleasures appeared to be to hit his wife when he got home. I know this because I used to pick her up on a Saturday morning to take her to the supermarket, and so would see all the fresh bruises. They were a poor family living in a rough area. They had 4 kids. Anyway (to cut a long story short) one Sunday morning I was called to their house and she came out with all the kids and some bags. She asked me to take her to London (which was a few hours drive away) and made me promise I'd never reveal the address. The ride cost her a lot of money. I told her I hoped I'd never see her again.
A couple of weeks later I was once again called to the house, but this time it was for the husband. He got in and handed me a piece of paper with the address in London on it where I had taken his wife and kids. It was quite clear from his conversation that he wasn't planning a peaceful reconciliation. It wasn't a pleasant drive down and I didn't want to take him. but if I didn't then another would. I just hoped she wouldn't be there anymore.

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”