'Song in 'G' is our last new recording for this year.

A round-table feedback exchange
Rya

'Song in 'G' is our last new recording for this year.

Post by Rya »

Quite a straightforward and fast recording of one of my typically short and simple songs. Hope you enjoy it.
https://soundcloud.com/rya66/song-in-g
Folkie
Advanced Member

Re: 'Song in 'G' is our last new recording for this year.

Post by Folkie »

Stuart,

Of all the songs you've posted, this one is my favorite. Nice guitar sound, great vocals, wonderful lyrics, and very catchy pop hooks, not to mention a good production.

As I've said in the past, you guys really deserve a larger audience. How is the online response to the CD?

Robert
Rya

Post by Rya »

Thanks Robert, I'm glad you like this one and I really appreiciate your comments. With regards to sales, we get very little, amost nothing really. There is a small internet radio station in the north of England that plays our songs quite a lot. What we are trying to do now is just get as many gigs as possible, but Oslo does love it's Black Metal and that's just not us! I don't know how we'd do in America, don't know if there's much of a scene for what we do there, I think we are probably too English.
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

Rya wrote:Thanks Robert, I'm glad you like this one and I really appreiciate your comments. With regards to sales, we get very little, amost nothing really. There is a small internet radio station in the north of England that plays our songs quite a lot. What we are trying to do now is just get as many gigs as possible, but Oslo does love it's Black Metal and that's just not us! I don't know how we'd do in America, don't know if there's much of a scene for what we do there, I think we are probably too English.
I beg to differ, Stuart. The mere fact that listeners are responding to your posts on the RRF suggests to me that there's a market for your music here. I don't know much about the contemporary "scene," because I don't listen to the radio anymore, but I do know when a song (or a pop hook) catches my ear. I think the problem is not with a lack of response to your product; it's with not enough publicity for the band and for your music. Do you have a manager?
Rya

Post by Rya »

I don't listen to the radio either. The stations over here are very bland. No, we don't have a manager. Promotion...getting people to gigs is always a problem for new bands. We've played to places that have been full and we've played to empty places too. We just have to keep playing as much as possible to try and build a live reputation. Still I think that something more is needed to draw peoples attention and bring them to gigs. I'm happy enough with the music, I think there is an audience for this kind of stuff. We get some plays on some internet radio stations from time to time. In fact, on Wednesday there is a station that is dedicating a 30 minute show to playing some of our songs, and that's really nice.

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”