Ricky 325 Copy ...

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

acousticheart

Ricky 325 Copy ...

Post by acousticheart »

I have bought this copy of 325 and it is done to the original measurement and the sound is super well, here I leave a few photos them ... it is difficult to find a copy like that...I think to buy then a bigsby for her.
Juan Jose.
France.
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9757/dsc048009fz.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5392/dsc048048mn.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/377/dsc048026nt.jpg

sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Looks...nice...
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Um, Juan...

I hate to be a downer, but you are consorting with thieves. The design is stolen, my friend!

These are not generally highly regarded in this group, despite your obvious pride.

This sounds stuffy and rude, but let me be the first to say in no uncertain terms: SELL IT, save up and BUY THE REAL THING.

There IS a dfference!
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
acousticheart

Post by acousticheart »

I am going to buy one truth Rickenbacker indeed on!!!! I would like to buy one 330 I like very much tired 330 and also in some days I am going to put has the sale a set of ORIGINALS Pickguards Golds RICKENBACKER for models 330 it was of the guitar of my father. The pickguards it's News.
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

I couldn't have said it better myself. 330 with gold pickguards and TRC. Your father would be proud.
LET THE WORLD KNOW YOU WANT PAUL TO BRING BACK THE 4001. JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147641915268984
acousticheart

Post by acousticheart »

My father, he had bought in 1965 one Rickenbacker 330 but he kept the white Pickguards, he my given Pickguards Gold, them is Original and in some days I am going to put them has the sale on the Forum
grinch

Post by grinch »

Since when does Rogue (MF's brand) make Rick copies?
trosse

Re:

Post by trosse »

jingle_jangle wrote:Um, Juan...

I hate to be a downer, but you are consorting with thieves. The design is stolen, my friend!

These are not generally highly regarded in this group, despite your obvious pride.

This sounds stuffy and rude, but let me be the first to say in no uncertain terms: SELL IT, save up and BUY THE REAL THING.

There IS a dfference!
I do agree! The design is a theft and a criminal act. Don't sell it. Burn it.
winston
Membership Admin

Re: Ricky 325 Copy ...

Post by winston »

Since the guitar in question is NOT a Rickenbacker I am moving this topic to The Others.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

winston wrote:Since the guitar in question is NOT a Rickenbacker I am moving this topic to The Others.
I think we need a topic section called "Garbage Pail Kids" or something of that...ilk... :mrgreen:
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I remember in the mid 90's seeing lots of Rick copies in a Musician's Friend catalog. At that time I had not yet bought my first Rick, and, knowing nothing of the trademark/tradedress infringement, was considering one. They were gone by the next catalog or two, and I never saw any actual Rogue copy instruments, this is the first I've seen or even heard about. So I guess they actually made them huh?
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

If I were in a Who tribute band, I'd play most of the set on my 360/12V64 and 1997, then I would play "My Generation" on a Rick copy, a really cheap one, then smash it for the finale.

In other words, get rid of this copy, Juan and buy a Danelectro for the same money. A real Ric beats a faker by a long shot!
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

JakeK wrote:get rid of this copy, Juan and buy a Danelectro for the same money. A real Ric beats a faker by a long shot!
But the question is, how does the Dano stack up to the copy? :twisted:
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

egosheep wrote:
JakeK wrote:get rid of this copy, Juan and buy a Danelectro for the same money. A real Ric beats a faker by a long shot!
But the question is, how does the Dano stack up to the copy? :twisted:
My Dano shorthorn 12 string is one of my favorite guitars. Can't say that it stands up to a Rick, but in it's own right a great guitar, better than any copy. And you can buy Danelectros in six-packs. :lol:
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I have a Mark I Korean Dano longhorn reissue. Unreal quality, great sound. Recommended over a Rickencopy any day.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”