Should I take a well-needed break?

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

JakeK
RRF Consultant

Should I take a well-needed break?

Post by JakeK »

Hi gang,

My new 1997 suffered a nasty accident Tuesday (nothing I care to explain), and is now broken. I don't know if I care to repair it, because the accident was not pretty, and I don't know if the poor thing can be restored. Losing the 1997 has left me confused and angry, and I've been "forced" back to my Highway 1 Telecaster (which I modified with a Mexican Standard 21 fret neck and pickguard). The neck feels so bad on the Tele, and I'm cramping again (I never cramped once on the 1997) in my hands. I can't get the sounds I want from the Tele that I could get from the 1997, and I haven't slept well at night. I've gotten only 3-4 hours of sleep since Tuesday.

My parents are upset I lost my guitar, and I don't know how the hell I can get a new one. I'm now known as "SeriouslyNoDoughJakeO", and it sucks. It really does.

That 1997 was the best thing that ever happened to me and now it's gone. I know if I ever get my hands on a 1997 or even a 1997SPC, I'll be the same I once was.

This is where you all come in. Do I need a break from here? I'm really considering it, and if I do break, I won't be back until after I graduate (unless I feel the urge to want to invite some of you to my graduation) in May.

C'est la vie, I guess
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Re: Should I take a well-needed break?

Post by Danotron »

Jake,

I'm so sorry to hear about your guitar. I was so happy when you got it! I think we all were.

Since you don't want to talk about what happened it's hard to give any advice. You used the words "broken" and "lost" so I'm not sure which it is but I think, in general, NEVER give up. Broken can be fixed and lost can be found but keep on playing.

Dan
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Tell us what happened to the guitar and show pics of it's condition. Depending on what happened, it might be repairable, but we'll never know until...
scotty

Post by scotty »

WTF????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Jake take a deep breath and relax.What condition is the guitar in? I see no need to stop coming on the RRF.After a long yearning for this guitar and the needing of the instrument at least tell us what state the guitar is in.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Jake send me a PM.

Brian
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Aw Jake........don't do anything rash. Take a deep breath, send Brian a PM. I've heard a lot of sad stories, and read a few, as well. You'd be surprised at what can be fixed. Just take it easy, OK? You don't have to give up the RRF.

Keep in touch with all of us, OK?

JimK
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Jake, everything's fixable. Relax, reach out to your forum friends and let them help. I understand if you don't want to talk about it online but get a hold of Brian and all your buddies privately. I assure you they will help you see this through to an acceptable outcome. And don't stop posting or I'll come down there and give you what for. :wink: :D

That's what friends are for, Jake-O :D
Last edited by kiramdear on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All I wanna do is rock!
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

I can only imagine your disappointment, Jake. Everything can be rectified with some patience. Just my opinion, but this place is a good place to vent your anquish. No point in leaving. You've temporarily lost your '97, but there are some fine folks here to help you walk your way through it, and get it and you back on solid ground. All is not lost. :wink:
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

if this thing is fixable, I probably won't have the money to fix it. I don't want to show anyone pics, but if you all must see them, give me a few days!

Brian, thanks for your concern, PM coming your way.

Scotty and Jeff, it's bad. You do NOT want to see it, trust me.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

PM sent back to you Jake. You are welcome btw. Listen to the advice already given on this thread and stick around here with your friends. No need to ride off into the sunset.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Jake, no need to show your pics to everybody if you are feeling fed up. But you're welcome to PM me with a few if you want advice. Oftentimes things look tougher than they are--this might not be soo oo oo bad.
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

Jake, sorry to hear about the 1997...that really sucks, man. I honestly hope that it can be something that is fixable. At least you didn't go total Townshend and finish the job after the accident.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

lennon211 wrote:Jake, sorry to hear about the 1997...that really sucks, man. I honestly hope that it can be something that is fixable. At least you didn't go total Townshend and finish the job after the accident.
There was no finishing needed in this job.

I hope Kevin Kuney isn't disappointed in me. He did a great thing by making my dream come true, and now I've failed. The thing was in PERFECT condition, and now, it's...well not good.

Paul -- Should I try selling at least the "hot" toasters to this forum? I know there are some people here who might be interested (KENNY!)
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Geez, Jake.... After reading this thread my heart aches.... I can only imagine the pain of having a horrible accident with your best and most treasured guitar--it hurts to think about it! But remember, all is not lost.... even if it is not possible to fix, it is still replaceable. Hang in there, Jake--at least you're among friends, and it is the friends you make that are your truest treasures in life.
collin

Post by collin »

whaaa? Explain broken/lost etc.. :roll:

If you need all of our advice, why don't you explain what happened? Otherwise we'll have a long thread about nothing, instead of concrete solutions to your issue. As you know, there are plenty of competent people around here that can help you with the guitar, or give you great advice about how to handle it. Running away from the RRF won't help you solve anything.

There's almost nothing that can't be fixed. You went on and on for almost a year about that guitar, there is no way we're gonna tell you to sit back with it broken- that's just not the RRF way! :)

Even if it looks like this it can still be fixed:
Wreckage.jpg

Cheers,
-Collin

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”