Wedding Planning is the worst.

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Re: Wedding Planning is the worst.

Post by mrs_brown »

Our wedding was planned in less than a week. Family members cooked turkey's and hams, I had a single red rose. All anyone remembers was that the reception left the hall right after we did and ended up at my parents house. That was 29 years ago on the 28th of this month.. I think we still like each other. He hasn't told me otherwise! Just remember Marriage is not a destination it is a journey look out for the potholes and enjoy the scenery!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

qwezirider wrote:
cjj wrote:Which phone booth?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I asked the same question...was told "It doesn't matter, just go."
Yeah, it doesn't really matter, there aren't a whole lot of them... :mrgreen:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

shamustwin wrote:Vegas, baby!
It's great, and just a (relatively) short trip to Reno if things don't work out as planned....
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
romo1950

Post by romo1950 »

One easy simple piece of advice, Do a runner while you still have time.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

My wife and I are both insular Celts so we did a pagan handfast wedding based on both Irish and Scottish traditions, with Christian overtones for the family of course. Or maybe it was Christian with pagan overtones. Hard to know when you're a Celt. Anyways I think it cost around $500 for the whole deal. However, everyone (about 100 people, all family) walked away saying the wedding was very special, and the main reason was because we got married in a clearing in a forest close to my grandmother's farm, and because you could probably tell that the ceremony was genuine. Our rings each cost about $70--they're gold claddagh rings.

Then we honeymooned in Eureka Springs, AR. I still say we liked that better than we would have ever liked Cancun. :) We want to go back soon, hopefully before we move to Denver.
rickboy88
Intermediate Member

Post by rickboy88 »

I'm getting married near the end of July, and we've had to start ticking through the various prep things in recent weeks. We'd reserved the place last October, so for a while not much happened. We found a country club nearby that was actually the most reasonable cost we could find and it was a good value.

My Uncle and his 2nd wife recently told of us of their wedding adventure, and how basically everything went wrong - and they weren't kidding. They are still happily married today, and it has been at least 10 years.

I'm having live music, but it'll be a little combo. I want to have live musicians (at least a few) since I pretend to be one on TV.

We've basically decided to roll with the punches and deal with whatever happens. If it rains (not likely in the late morning in late July in Colorado) we'll do it inside I guess. Having an afternoon wedding here in the last couple of weeks would be tricky with all of the tornado and thunderstorm warnings we've been having. I feel bad for people on the Colorado "front range" trying to do so.
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." Vince Lombardi
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Our honeymoon was both going back to college after one day of marriage. Must have worked, it's been 30 years last September. :lol: :lol: Remember to enjoy the reception - it goes by so fast. And Congrats!

Actually, we went on our honeymoon on our first anniversary.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

My niece got married over Memorial Day weekend. Everything was done at an Orlando hotel. The 4 pm wedding was in one room and the reception dinner (with an open bar) was held in the room next door. BTW, I'd hate to see the bill that my brother-in-law picked up.
Laura
Laura
Laura & I
Laura & I
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

I got married a week and a half ago. The planning of our wedding was stressful, but in the end was totally worth it. Everything went super smoothly and quite a few people said our wedding was the best they'd ever been to.

Here's some advice. First, don't ever let your bride-to-be hear you say that wedding planning sucks. Second, never say you don't care about even the most minute of details. Always have an opinion when you're asked. You may not care about what flowers go on table 6, but she will and the day is all about her, so pretend to care.

When the big day finally comes, it will be over so quickly. Everything will be a blur. At the end of the day, you'll be standing there thinking, "I spend x months stressing over this?!?" Just have fun and congratulations.
WeddingBeach.jpg
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Hey! Congrats to you and her, Erik! :D
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Wow! This is a surprise! Erik, congratulations and best wishes for your happiness together! :D :D :D
All I wanna do is rock!
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

My warmest congratulations to you Erik, and your new bride.
I tend to agree with everything you have written, except the part about the day going by in a blur!
As my wedding day moved along, i remember thinking, "yeah, that's right, i recall helping organise this!",or, "This is exactly how Andrea wanted this to be!".
The "other" highlight of our wedding day was the Moorabbin Air Museum closing the doors just so we could have our wedding photos in amongst the vintage aircraft.
My advice? Make yourself a part of the planning, get excited, you won't regret it!
I also have 2 daughters, (21 & 23), now planning their weddings doesn't excite me!!
wedding airport.jpg
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

Congratulations Erik!
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Mazelations & congratultov, Erik! :D
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

Wow, there's a lot to say about this apparently...Mine is on October 2. I've been a part of the planning, avoiding the "I don't care" route and I've tried to have some fun with it. As to the wise advice regarding guitars, I've already done very well for myself in that department.

The wedding will be a 150-person crowd in an old church here in Louisville. I think that the moment that I'm really looking forward to is when we show up for our pictures before the ceremony. It's the first time that I'll see her in her dress which I still haven't seen. She doesn't believe me about not seeing it yet either.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”