Wedding Planning is the worst.

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

paologregorio

Re: Wedding Planning is the worst.

Post by paologregorio »

I hate weddings. I really don't want to go to or be a part of any more unless its my own: I'm the youngest of six kids and have been through three big weddings in my own family, and somehow have managed to land in the position of being part of the wedding party of numerous other weddings, including serving as the best man. I suppose the outside the family wedding involvement is the product of having been blessed with a good number of solid, longtime friends whom I could not in good consience refuse, but egads, what headaches for the most part! I've been impressed with the diplomacy and professional level approach some of my friends and family have faken in dealing with the inevitable flare ups and annoying problems that come up in the planning, but my goodness, so much of it is so unnecessary!

I'll buy my future wife TWO big wedding rings if she'll skip the mess and just elope.
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

Congratulations Erik!

Best wishes for a bright future.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I did wedding videography for years. I don't miss that scene.

The piano bar I played at hosted an average of roughly 4 bachelorette parties a week. I don't miss those either! Not nearly as fun as it sounds.
collin

Post by collin »

Congrats Erik!

Sounds (and looks) like a great time, cheers!

...and future congrats to Matthew! (even if wedding planning sucks. :wink: )
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

I know that in the end it WILL be worth it...she has after all bought me a Ric.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

blueflamerick wrote:I got married a week and a half ago. The planning of our wedding was stressful, but in the end was totally worth it. Everything went super smoothly and quite a few people said our wedding was the best they'd ever been to.

Here's some advice. First, don't ever let your bride-to-be hear you say that wedding planning sucks. Second, never say you don't care about even the most minute of details. Always have an opinion when you're asked. You may not care about what flowers go on table 6, but she will and the day is all about her, so pretend to care.

When the big day finally comes, it will be over so quickly. Everything will be a blur. At the end of the day, you'll be standing there thinking, "I spend x months stressing over this?!?" Just have fun and congratulations.
WeddingBeach.jpg
Great advice, Erik, but the last paragraph rings oh so true. Remember to relax and enjoy that day! And Congrats to you and the new missus!
Last edited by johnallg on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
britinvasion

Post by britinvasion »

lennon211 wrote:I know that in the end it WILL be worth it...she has after all bought me a Ric.
She sounds like a fine person indeed! Congratulations and Best wishes. My wedding anniversary is October 21, it will be our 31st.
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Thanks everyone.
Darcy7

Post by Darcy7 »

I am really very worst in deciding the things. But shockingly I selected my wedding venue i.e. [some place in Dallas nobody cares about] in just few minutes. On the same time it took 3 months for me to choose my wedding dress. It’s really hard to plan things for wedding.
collin

Post by collin »

Darcy7 wrote:I am really very worst in deciding the things. But shockingly I selected my wedding venue i.e. [some place in Dallas nobody cares about] in just few minutes. On the same time it took 3 months for me to choose my wedding dress. It’s really hard to plan things for wedding.

Thanks for the spam. Please go away...
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Eh, who cares about Dallas anyway?
:roll:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”