Wedding Planning is the worst.

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

lennon211
Intermediate Member

Wedding Planning is the worst.

Post by lennon211 »

Wedding planning SUCKS! I just needed to vent in a virtual land where my well-meaning, non-Bridezilla fiance won't see. The fun has ceased to be! It is ex-fun! (to paraphrase the classic Parrot Sketch).
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Wedding Planning is the worst.

Post by cjj »

Yeah, both my wife and I thought so, so, we did it the easy way. We figured the only part of the wedding that anyone really likes is the big party afterward. So, we just went to the courthouse at lunch on a Friday, then had a big barbecue for all of our friends and relatives...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Clint
Intermediate Member

Post by Clint »

Just keep reminding yourself: The marriage is important, the wedding is not.
Jangle, Chime & Twang.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

We had a pretty simple wedding, too; no attendants, no florists, no specially catered wedding cake. We just had a simple ceremony in my in-laws back yard, and we asked guests to bring goodies to share, pies, cake, cookies, flowers, etc. at the reception, also in my in-laws back yard. That was 30 years ago this coming August. I guess she still likes me. :mrgreen:

JimK
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Let's not go there.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

I'm 18, I don't have to plan weddings (YET!) :mrgreen:
scotty

Post by scotty »

So whens the big day then Matthew? Just a wee tip from me.GET ALL THE GUITARS YOU WANT NOW Before you say I do. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

My Wife and I got married in Vegas. We didn't invite anyone per se but we didn't elope either. Any of our friends and family that wanted to attend were welcome. Everyone that did come had a great time. Total wedding cost was about $250.00 (including limousine to City Hall to get licence, Chapel, Minister, Flowers, and Music - not including the wedding dress or tuxedo rental). Our parents split the cost of a nice dinner after the wedding for everyone who came, about 30 people.

Vegas is well set up for these type of group events.

We did have a big party/reception with everyone else when we got back in town. That was 16 years ago and we're still married.

Some people might think that sounds a little cheesy but we have no regrets. I can't tell you how many friends I have that have spent tens of thousands of dollars on big weddings and wrestled with everything from the caterer's and florists, to the number of people on the guest list.

It's supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life! Don't let the stress take that away from you.

Best Wishes!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

A lot of people like to wed quietly and modestly at first, and then renew their vows in style after prosperity and stability kick in, years later. I say why not get married lots of times to the same person? If the honeymoon was fun the first time, why not make wedding a regular event? Keep the spice alive, and make all the relatives love you too. :)
All I wanna do is rock!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Honeymoons... Oh yeah. Fun? How about a honeymoon with your father in law... and a couple hundred other people... and several hundred horses? Yeah, actually it was a lot of fun if not a tad circumspect due to the ever present video camera and knowing my father in law was just waiting to catch some "action".
:lol: :lol:

I suppose it was fairly fitting though. I didn't give my wife an engagement ring, I gave her a horse...

And yeah, we're still married, nearly 20 years and still havin' fun!
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
collin

Post by collin »

The worst part is that there's all these shows (like Bridezilla) that encourage crazy "princess" behavior by the ladies.......yeeesh.

If I did ever get conned into marriage (god help me....no....) I'd just say, "here's your budget.....have fun planning," and hope it doesn't all fall apart. :roll:
qwezirider
Intermediate Member

Post by qwezirider »

Our wedding planning was easy from my perspective. I was told to go to a phone booth in Montana and they'd call me when they were ready.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Which phone booth?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Vegas, baby!
qwezirider
Intermediate Member

Post by qwezirider »

cjj wrote:Which phone booth?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I asked the same question...was told "It doesn't matter, just go."

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”