Amplitude

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Amplitude

Post by T.A.R. »

Does anyone here have an opinion on the App, IK Amplitude?

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubeiphone/features/
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: Amplitude

Post by johnallg »

Try a search Ted, I seem to remember something on this.
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

I did find some threads Thanks John, I also realized I misspelled it! AmpliTube! I downloaded the app and am waiting on the iRig to check it out. :D
Fretjob

Post by Fretjob »

Personally, i think it's an awesome use of the technology, and it's more than "good enough" for casual use in my opinion. Great for learning songs as you can import and slow down the tracks while keeping them in key.

I don't see me using my ipad as a stompbox live though :D.

Peavey also do a similar app called AMPKIT.
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

So far I like it a lot, I added the Fender package and just started to down load a song and play to it. I have to say this is pretty wild for a phone. I think the next thing I try is to run it from the iPhone to a PA and see what it sounds like. :D
Fretjob

Post by Fretjob »

Hmm, i jumped in too fast with my comments on this. I've been trying to use this with an iPad and finding i get horrible distorted tones using either Amplitude, Ampkit, or the new PocketGK app no matter how i tweek the input and output levels.

The input signal is just too low. I'm using a 2010, 4003 (my other basses are out being tweeked right now). Can i ask if anyone else is using this with an iPad or just the iPhone.
jdawe

Post by jdawe »

I've used the full version on an iPad and the free version on an iPhone and haven't noticed any significant differences or had the distortion problems you describe. However, I've mostly used it with a guitar (mainly my 620, but also my 430 and my Telecaster) rather than a bass.

My impression: it sounds very good for something running on a phone or tablet, but not as good as the Line 6 Pod Farm software I have on my PC.
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

I was having low volume signal input issues then I switched off the anti feedback, it made a lot of difference.
Fretjob

Post by Fretjob »

Few weeks ago was trying to turn it up, all settings at max then the sound just stopped completely. Thought i'd somehow screwed up the iPad or got hold of a faulty iRig and threw it all in a cupboard in the "bad purchase" department.

Then today, a comment on the GK App website made me think. Rebooted the iPad and voila, everything works as advertised on all apps. (Within the limits of there performance). Happy chap.

Thought this may help others out.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”