The 4000 Club

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

jimk
RRF Consultant

The 4000 Club

Post by jimk »

I thought I'd spend my 4000th post thanking all the great folks on the RRF for making this such a nice place to hang out on the web. The great information, history, teasing, humor....it's all good. Thanks Peter M., Brian M. for your vision and leadership.

The plan is to come out to the Left Coast this summer. Exact dates TBA. We're still working on that. But I can tell you that we'll be in the Salem and Eugene OR areas. Excursions to Seattle, San Francisco, or the LA area are possible if there were a confluence or even a mini-jam.

My wife and I are talking over the possibility of moving to Oregon permanently, most likely Eugene.

4K, 4 yrs., 3 weeks; what a ride! Thanks everyone!
Last edited by jimk on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Re: The 4000 Club

Post by ken_j »

Congrats! I think you should get a 4000 to celebrte the occasion.
Ric4000-post.jpg
"The best things in life aren't things."
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

CONGRATS Jim,

Man, that was fast!

Funny how fast time flies when you're having fun!

Lets see 4k more ASAP! :)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Congrats on the 4K Jim!
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
bosco64
Veteran RRF member

Post by bosco64 »

Way to go Jim! :D
"Keep smiling, keep your mouth shut, and nobody gets hurt!" :mrgreen:
Don't bust Mike's chops...
'05 4003 BBR; '99 4001V63 FG; '96 4003S Trans Blue (custom refin from Paul W.)
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

jimk wrote:I thought I'd spend my 4000th post thanking all the great folks on the RRF for making this such a nice place to hang out on the web. The great information, history, teasing, humor....it's all good. Thanks Peter M., Brian M. for your vision and leadership.
Amen to that, and ditto.
jimk wrote:The plan is to come out to the Left Coast this summer. Exact dates TBA. We're still working on that. But I can tell you that we'll be in the Salem and Eugene OR areas. Excursions to Seattle, San Francisco, or the LA area are possible if there were a confluence or even a mini-jam.
If you plan things right, you might be able to do one in both Nor Cal and So Cal-ha! I'd plan for the latter part of July and early August. Not hinting at anything, just saying that historically, that's when the events go down in the aforementioned places.

Congrats on your 4000th post. :D
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

What a happy co-incidence that would be. Because late July, early August is prime time to be out of Kansas. Lawrence may as well roll up the sidewalks and hang a big "Closed for Business" sign at the city limits, and the summer becomes unsufferably hot and humid by then.
JimK
tmossman

Post by tmossman »

jimk wrote:4K, 4 yrs., 3 weeks; what a ride! Thanks everyone!
I joined a couple weeks ahead of you and this is only my 400th post. :oops:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Congrats, Jim! :D Now it's 4002. Let me know when you get to 4005. 8) :lol:
8mileshigher

The 4000 Club

Post by 8mileshigher »

paologregorio wrote:
If you plan things right, you might be able to do one in both Nor Cal and So Cal-ha! I'd plan for the latter part of July and early August. Not hinting at anything, just saying that historically, that's when the events go down in the aforementioned places.
Good suggestions there about late July and early August.... based upon historical scheduling, like Paulie says :wink: and its an ideal time to visit and avoid the end-of-August frenzy of vacationers....
Congrats on your 4,000 milestone, Jim ! I think you've probably got more posts-counts than actual days you've owned Ricks.... Hope to see you when you get out to California ! :D
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

tmossman wrote:
You been slackin', or do you actually have a life?
:lol:
JimK
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

jimk wrote:
tmossman wrote:
You been slackin', or do you actually have a life?
:lol:
jps wrote:Congrats, Jim! :D Now it's 4002. Let me know when you get to 4005. 8) :lol:
Oh? You got 4005 you want to sell me along with that real estate in New York City that's got a bridge on it, too?
JimK
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I do have the former. :wink:
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

jimk wrote:What a happy co-incidence that would be. Because late July, early August is prime time to be out of Kansas. Lawrence may as well roll up the sidewalks and hang a big "Closed for Business" sign at the city limits, and the summer becomes unsufferably hot and humid by then.
JimK
Ah, sounds quiet. For some reason, whenever I think of Lawrence, Kansas, the first thing that comes to my head was that the town was featured in the movie from the 80s called "The Day After," when it was the closest municipality to survive a nuclear blast that destroyed nearby Kansas City.

Random memory, I know. Sorry. :oops:
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Yup. That's Lawrence's other claim to fame. The first is that the downtown area was pretty much burnt to the ground in August of 1863 during the Civil War by a band of Confederate guerillas.
JimK

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”