What erks me.

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

Grey
Advanced Member

Re: What erks me.

Post by Grey »

08 Ric 4003 wrote:My original grip about sig models were there are so many and many are named after guys I have never heard of. Like I said I have a BB King, but paid the same price as what ES-335 would cost. I am kind of a music snob but have been listening and loving and reading and learning about music since I was 8 and I am now 44. I listen to it all classical, jazz, rock, country, ect. I am not a rap or hip hop fan, just not my cup o'tea. And isn't a Les Paul already a sig model? It's wait for it - a "Les Paul" named after a guy who I am sure we have all heard of and can agree changed music and recording as we know it. I have been listening to some people say that some sig models are nothing more than regular models with a new pick guard, or color scheme, or a signature on it. I can not say weather they are or not. I know most cost more. I would like to think that the big companies have some integrity and don't jack up the price cause Pete, or Dave or Eric's name is on it, I am sure they do though. And yes a company can charge 55 k cause they want to. You are right there are guitars in everyone's price range. Had to throw a little sarcasm in just to get a laugh, hopefully. Ok I am done. Time to plug in. Going to see BB and Buddy Guy in a few weeks. Can't wait. Then it's the Drive By Truckers and the Master of the Stratocaster Robin Trower and then Jason Isbell who used to be in DBT.
Lots of 'I's in that post. "guys I have never heard of" Did you forget there are guitarists other than yourself? You've basically been saying the same thing for 10 pages without ever once offering up a good explination for what, exactly, your problem with signature models is.

"There's alot of them". Well, yea. There's alot of guitarists. Seems like you're just ragging on something that alot of other people like for no real reason other than it "slightly annoys you".
winston
Membership Admin

Re: What erks me.

Post by winston »

OK I think it's time to retire this thread and by logical extension its companion thread that was merged into this one. There have been a lot of great replies but quite frankly it would seem that there is no answer to the OP's original question. At least not any that are going to make him happy. All this thread is accomplishing is a whole load of unnecessary angst.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”