It was a short summer, RRF, now I'm back at school

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Title is a reference to a 1969 Charlie Brown/Peanuts special.

Seriously, this was the shortest summer ever. One moment, I learn I ace a Math test, and before I know it, I'm back at school! The highlight of this summer was my California trip, between Jay Leno, the Two and a Half Men taping, meeting five celebrities (at the tapings) and hanging out and jamming with my SoCal friends and Aitch and everyone at SCARF, it couldn't have gotten any better. Plus, this summer I went out with not one but TWO really attractive, sweet girls in their mid 20s (with BOYFRIENDS), and because of them, I've learned the meaning to Bob Dylan's song "All I Really Want to Do". And I realized the Lethal Weapon quote "I'm too old for this [stuff]" at my old high school. I've also hung out with my two keyboard buddies and my Kool Kousin extensively. This really was the best summer and if I could relive it, I wouldn't change a thing.

That's right, next Monday, I enter my third year at the local Delgado Community College. My GPA right now is a 3.5, which I'm happy about, but I'm feeling this year is gonna be tougher than the rest.

My class schedule is as following:
British Literature
Psychology 101
Basic College Algebra

This is hopefully my last year in community college, and after that I can transfer to a four year University, which close to my Mom's office where I've been doing voluntary odd jobs since January.

I've already registered for this fall semester and am ready for action. Everyone wish me luck!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: It was a short summer, RRF, now I'm back at school

Post by jdogric12 »

Good luck. Let me know if you need help with the algebra.
krick
Veteran RRF member

Post by krick »

Good luck Jake. You are doing great!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Just wait 3 or 4 more decades. Then the years will go by so fast you'll hardly notice how fast summer goes by...
:roll: :lol: :lol:

Good luck in school!
:D
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

cjj wrote:Just wait 3 or 4 more decades. Then the years will go by so fast you'll hardly notice how fast summer goes by...
:roll: :lol: :lol:

Good luck in school!
:D
Ain't that the truth! Good luck in school, Jake.
JimK
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Post by weemac »

Oh to be young(er)!

Live it up Jake! 8)

Eden.
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

weemac wrote:Oh to be young(er)!

Live it up Jake! 8)

Eden.
Amen to that.... Best of luck in school, Jake. If you attack it like you do music, you'll do fine.

Now, how 'bout some details about the 2 older women who brazenly tried to compromise your honor?
Tom
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

jdogric12 wrote:Good luck. Let me know if you need help with the algebra.

Algebra :?: I thought someone would be offering Jake advice about the two attractive girls ! :wink: :lol:

Seriously, best of luck Jake and glad you enjoyed your visit to So Cal !
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Thanks everyone, I hope I can do well this year. I know the Literature class won't be bad, but I haven't the first clue about Psychology. Jdog, I'll consider you for Algebra. You're a better choice than the 21-year-old the school hired, he plays guitar and likes the Beatles, but doesn't know what a Gretsch Country Gentleman or Ric 360/12 is!
beatbyrd wrote:Now, how 'bout some details about the 2 older women who brazenly tried to compromise your honor?
Tom
It's absolutely nothing, really. As a lot of people here know, I'm not very good when it comes to meeting the ladies. The 2 girls just giving me tips and advice on how to be friends with a girl, asking them out, getting to know them and all that good stuff.

Dan-O and Collin know the full story on them, and they've even seen pictures of me with the two girls, happy for me that I've got two really decent people like them in my life. Collin said (he saw so many pictures of the girls I know and celebrity women I've met, so I don't know if it was these two per say) "If they could be president, they'd be Babe Lincoln and Honest Babe". (Seriously, dude, was it them or the two celebrities?)
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

Good luck on the school Jake, and stick with it no matter what! I had to stop and start over the years and finally am just biting the bullet and going to school full time so I can get my engineering degree and be done with shcool for awhile....haha. But I'm 39 now and I wish I would have got done with school at the normal 24 or so. I'm officially a Junior and am going to OIT (Oregon Institute of Technology) for a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering. I'll start back up in late September with Calculus based Physics 1, 2, and 3 all year long, Electronics 1, 2, and 3 all year long, and some other class each term also....not sure what yet but probably more electronics classes. I will hopefully be graduating in 2013 sometime.

What are you studying in school?

Greg

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”