"Distortions" LP by The Litter on Ebay!

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

octagon

"Distortions" LP by The Litter on Ebay!

Post by octagon »

Wow an original copy of one of the coolest garage/psyche LPs ever: Distortion's by The Litter. They only pressed about 1000 of these back in 1967 and very few have survivied (Link) description below:

"This is one of the most sought after garage records of the 1960s. It's the Minneapolis band The Litter - "Distortions" LP. This has fuzzed up guitars, driving rhythm section, amazing impassioned vocals.

From the intro, Action Woman is a flame thrower garage punk single with snarling vocals and one of the great extended guitar solos courtesy of Bill Strandlof. Many feel this single was one of rock n roll’s finest ever and quite possibly Minnesota’s answer to the Stones’ Satisfaction. At this point the group were asked to record an album, since Action Woman enjoyed modest local success. Bill Strandlof recorded a great conventional garage track in Soul Searching (another Kendrick original) before he was replaced with Zippy Caplan.

"Distortions" was christened the album title after the buzzing guitar sounds emblazoned on each cut! The Litter's Distortions album from 1967 is as much a cornerstone of any '60s punk collection as Here Are the Sonics!!! or Black Monk Time. Kicking off with the smack-you-in-the-face fuzz of the all-time classic "Action Woman," the non-stop raving album cut to pieces British Invasion covers -- like fellow Minnesotan Paul Bunyan hacking trees -- and scorches them in a bonfire that climaxes with a fierce rendering of "I'm A Man." Your collection already has a space reserved for this ..."

Original copy's of this album used to sell for $600 back in the 70's and early 80's before it was reissued in Germany. I am interested to see what this on sells for.

Track one side one Action Woman was also track one side one of "Nuggets" .

octagon

Re: "Distortions" LP by The Litter on Ebay!

Post by octagon »

Sold for $520. I gotta put my Litter LP on Ebay.
Pumpkinhead

Post by Pumpkinhead »

Fantastic track. Can't recommend the 4CD Nuggets box highly enough. Great music with top notch packaging and notes.
scotty

Post by scotty »

8) thanks for the info Mitch
octagon

Post by octagon »

I found a mint copy of the the Litter's 2nd album "$100 Fine" at my local thrift store for $0.44.
Maybe I should put it on ebay,lol.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”