eBay scam question

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

eBay scam question

Post by jdogric12 »

Hi gang. I dont' sell much on eBay so I have a question... I sold something, and specified in the auction text, if you are int'l, please contact me first.

The only and winning bidder is in France.

I sent a message last night asking why they didn't contact me first, and to give me their postal code for a shipping quote.

I didn't get a reply by this morning, so I just tacked on $55 and sent invoice. On the high side, but not insane (for what looks like a $45 USPS service, to ship a Bigsby B-6 gold).

The payment came through within an hour.

Can I ship the item? Is there any chance this is a scam and I'll be out my item and not get the money? Thanks, J
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: eBay scam question

Post by jdogric12 »

also:

buyer has 399 feedback, 100% positive. eBay marks seller protection as "eligible."

should be ok, right?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Ha! Just got a nice and coherent message from buyer. I think all is well. Solved my own problem! :)
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I often solve my problems by talking to myself, too... :lol: :lol:
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Hey Jason, did you hear what Paul said?

Yeah, neat someone else does that.

I know, right?

:lol:

Mr. Blue Sky01-30-2006, 05:44 PM
You've seen it mostly in cartoons where a character will run his index finger up and down over his lips to indicate he or another character is crazy.

What is the origin of this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finagle01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
You've seen it mostly in cartoons where a character will run his index finger up and down over his lips to indicate he or another character is crazy.

What is the origin of this?

It's not the gesture itself. It's the noise it makes when you do that. The implication is that the other person is a gibbering loon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fear Itself01-30-2006, 06:25 PM
So how about twirling the index finger in a circular motion near the temple? Why does that mean "crazy"?

Mr. Blue Sky01-30-2006, 06:37 PM
So how about twirling the index finger in a circular motion near the temple? Why does that mean "crazy"?

I think it means the person's mind is scambled.

Mr. Blue Sky01-30-2006, 06:38 PM
I think it means the person's mind is scambled.

Or scrambled, like my spelling abilities.

mittu01-30-2006, 11:02 PM
[Peter Kay] My mam's got curly hair and brushes her teeth. [/Peter Kay]
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

Never mind, they're just french. They may sound like they're straight from Allo Allo (USAmericans might fail to get that reference to actual comedy) but they're not stupid :mrgreen:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
scotty

Post by scotty »

"Listen very carefully, I shall say zis only once" :lol:
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Wildberry wrote:Never mind, they're just french. They may sound like they're straight from Allo Allo (USAmericans might fail to get that reference to actual comedy) but they're not stupid :mrgreen:
'Allo 'Allo played here in the colonies on PBS...
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

This is why you should set up your paypal on a separate bank account, preferably a separate bank, so that if there are problems down the line they can't hit you back. Although to be honest, I have had a lot more problems with the criminals at PayPal than I have had with ebay scammers, lol. :evil:
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
marc61

Post by marc61 »

In this case, I think the bidder just overlooked what you said in the auction, they were legit and had full intention of paying.

I never had a problem with people trying to scam through Paypal. Just a few non-payers

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”