Does anyone ride a bike?

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Does anyone ride a bike?

Post by cheyenne »

Getting a little technical and boring here lately. Does anyone share my latest passion and ride a cycle?

Here's my "brand new" 2009 Kawasaki Versys holdover in Candy Plasma Blue.
Versys for forum.jpg
"Knowledge is Power"
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Does anyone ride a bike?

Post by cjj »

I used to, back when I lived in a city. Thought about getting a dirt bike, but on the ranch, ATV's were just way more practical since you can carry more tools and such...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

You'd a liked this then. Sold it about 3 years ago, it was a blast.
ranger II.jpg
"Knowledge is Power"
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I've got a diesel John Deere Gator HPX, a Honda 420 Rancher and a Polaris Xplorer 500...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Vintage Triumph, BSA, and BMW nut here.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
collin

Post by collin »

of course......I work at Suzuki ! :D

I mainly ride sportbikes, but I manage the press relations dept for Suzuki's motorcycle division (through their agency) so there is a full range of loan pool bikes available that I ride occasionally.

Btw..iIf anybody here wants a Suzuki, I can point you in the right direction! ;) :)
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

cjj wrote:I've got a diesel John Deere Gator HPX, a Honda 420 Rancher and a Polaris Xplorer 500...

Wow..............I humbly bow to your toybox.. :D
"Knowledge is Power"
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

collin wrote:of course......I work at Suzuki ! :D

I mainly ride sportbikes, but I manage the press relations dept for Suzuki's motorcycle division (through their agency) so there is a full range of loan pool bikes available that I ride occasionally.

Btw..iIf anybody here wants a Suzuki, I can point you in the right direction! ;) :)

Good to know, I really like the Suzuki V-strom as well.
"Knowledge is Power"
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

cheyenne wrote:
cjj wrote:I've got a diesel John Deere Gator HPX, a Honda 420 Rancher and a Polaris Xplorer 500...

Wow..............I humbly bow to your toybox.. :D
:mrgreen:
This is my "real" All Terrain "toy" (on the trailer)
CatTrailer.jpg
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Sorry about derailing the thread a bit...

I had a Yamaha Seca 750, then a Seca 900. Almost bought a BMW, but I was moving and timing didn't work out.

I've got some sort of Suzuki, maybe a GS1000? out in the shed. It belongs to my nephew, who's in the marines, somewhere in Afghanistan, we think...
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

My other (actually primary) car is a this thing:

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/win ... n_2100.jpg

So yeah, I ride a bike, every day! Denver is a great place for it too. I've put a little over 4,000 miles on Windsor mostly as a commuter.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Oh yeah! I used to have several bicycles (my wife had a LOT, we met in a cycling club). We've still got a couple of mountain bikes, I've got a Klein Pinnacle, she's got a Klein Top Gun...
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Great timing,i just got my bike (as in bicycle) out of storage for a little trip yesterday for the first time this summer. Its a Trek 730 i've had for years. It has been a bit of a challenge for me since i moved from the flat Delta land of Memphis to the mountainous coastal area i'm in now,but i do enjoy leisure bike trips from time to time.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Careful with getting an older bike out and riding it too hard. I ruined the "fast" (small) chainring on my Trek MT800 by riding it for a year with a stretched chain when I brought it out to Denver to start commuting. I messed up the casette in the process too. To replace the chainrings alone was going to be nearly as much as a new bike (well, a new bike I could afford) so I went with the Windsor I posted above instead... 3-speed with an internal Shimano Nexus hub, but I still keep an eye on the chain, especially since I have put so many miles on it. I love the Windsor so much better than the old Trek, but I probably could have kept riding it for a little while longer if I had taken better care of it.

It was a blessing in disguise though. My MT800 was something I got as a teenager in MO, and it was too small for me. Sizing up with the Windsor makes riding a lot more comfortable now, in addition to just liking the new bike better.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Not being a hands-on guy,i take my bike (just like my basses) in for regular service by a qualified pro. The bike is holding up pretty well,moreso than its owner.... :wink:

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”