Just thought I'd clear a few things up! :)

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Hey Everyone,

I just thought I'd take a moment just to say a few words about my recent absence and lack of participation around here.

I've received emails recently asking me where I have been. Some asked if I no longer like Rickenbacker's, if I hit the lottery, and some other pretty entertaining inquiries. While I can't go into every detail here, suffice it to say, I'm having some health issues. Some serious, some not so much. Most I've been dealing with for years. But the most recent has been some severe arthritis in my hands. Some treatments work better than others. Hence my recent lack of participation here.

Anyway, back to a few of those questions, just to clear a few things up.

#1) I HAVE NOT stopped playing Rickenbacker's. While I do own other basses, Rickenbacker's are my home. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING FEELS or SOUNDS like a RIC. I'm leaning more towards fretless these days as it's just a tad easier on my hands. I'm STRONGLY considering having my 4004cii converted to fretless. I've been playing a lot less than normal, due to said issues. Sometimes, I have to watch out for the depression side of things. Not being able to play like I used to or want to can take a toll on ones mind. Like I can afford that! :mrgreen:

#2) I have NOT won the Lottery. IF I did, you would see my "NBD" or NEW BASS DAY RIC posts all over this forum!

#3) I have NOT been abducted by aliens. :shock: I've heard they like probing Gibson owners anyway, so they would put me back on the spot. :wink:

#4) I have NOT had a falling out with ANY member here. At least, not to my knowledge. That is, other than Joey's poor taste in Rickenbacker "COLOR" choice. :(

So, that's it. No biggie really. No conspiracy theory, I'm not avoiding anyone, I'm not in the witness protection program nor am I Maffia boss in hiding. :lol:
I hope to once again, annoy all of you with my long, dull posts when things improve.

Play on!
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Re: Just thought I'd clear a few things up! :)

Post by weemac »

Good to hear you are ok Tony. I hope that you get some respite from your health issues...

Eden.
I confused Faraday's cage, with Schrodinger's cat box....
scotty

Post by scotty »

Whatever :lol:
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

I hope the health issues clear up Tony. Glad to hear you're still playing!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

ajish4 wrote:No conspiracy theory, I'm not avoiding anyone, I'm not in the witness protection program ....
Shucks, you've taken all the drama out of it. :lol: :lol:

Anyway, here's hoping you are feeling better every day !
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Did anybody here miss Tony? :mrgreen:
Last edited by jps on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Who's Tony ? :mrgreen:
All I wanna do is rock!
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

[quote="ajish4"]

#1) I HAVE NOT stopped playing Rickenbacker's. While I do own other basses, Rickenbacker's are my home. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING FEELS or SOUNDS like a RIC. I'm leaning more towards fretless these days as it's just a tad easier on my hands. I'm STRONGLY considering having my 4004cii converted to fretless.

Sorry to hear about the health issues,i have been dealing with RAS for awhile myself. :( PM sent.
Edit...i meant to type RA( Rheumatoid Athritis),but it is also true i suffer from what we refer to as RAS around here,too. :oops:
Last edited by woodyng on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Tony, good luck with your health issues and God bless!
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Take care, Tony.
JimK
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

scotty wrote:Whatever :lol:
I knew I could count on the king of the Numpties to chime in! :lol:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

ajish4 wrote:But the most recent has been some severe arthritis in my hands. Some treatments work better than others. Hence my recent lack of participation here.
Acupuncture is the only way to go, T! Forget the drugs, they not work nearly as well and will give you other problems! Find a highly recommended acupuncturist, you'll start feeling better right away.

ajish4 wrote:I have NOT won the Lottery. IF I did, you would see my "NBD" or NEW BASS DAY RIC posts all over this forum!
If that was the case, you'd better buy me a cool Rick too! :mrgreen: 8) :wink:

ajish4 wrote:I have NOT had a falling out with ANY member here. At least, not to my knowledge. That is, other than Joey's poor taste in Rickenbacker "COLOR" choice. :(
Eh! Them's fightin' woids!!! :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol: I can't help it that you can't appreciation the classic beauty of Jetglo. Unfortunately, you favor Mehpleglo! :roll: :P

Feel better T, we have alot of catching up to do!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

All the best Tony. Here is an unrelated random NY-themed thread from another forum to make you and Joey especially laugh.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... ?t=1239325
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

:lol: :lol:
They mention "Mammaluke", that's me and Tony alright. Calling someone a Mammaluke is like calling someone a bonehead or idiot, but just kidding around, not being mean about it.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”