Looking for someone!!

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

beatlefan

Looking for someone!!

Post by beatlefan »

Does anyone know who MIKE B is? And how I can contact him? I was looking back through old posts and understand that he may be the owner of Geezer Butlers Shadow bass....

I am doing some "research"....on these basses :^)
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

That's Mike D. (Deleon), Chris.

In March 2003, we chatted about the Shadow basses, at Voxtalks.com. I'll quote him here:
---------------------
Hi, Paul. I own several Ric guitars but only one Ric bass It is a very "Gothic" black 1986 Ric 4003 called a Shadow Ric. This bass is all black. It has black tuners, black pickguard, black hardware and black dot markers. It even has black checkerboard binding on the body and black binding on the neck. The only thing that isn't black is the fretboard.

However, it was once owned by Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath and the bridge and electronics have been heavily modified. There's a chrome Gibson EB-0 pickup at the neck position and an EMG at the bridge with each pickup wired to a separate jack on the Ric-O-sound plate. Also, all of the knobs were removed and replaced by a single giant knob that control the volume only. The holes in the pickguard were simply taped over with black electrical tape. The Ric bridge was replaced with a roller bridge.

It's an awesome bass, but would probably offend many ric bass purists.
----------------

To protect Mike from spam mails, I won't publish his e-mail address here. Check your in-box.
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

Many thanks, Paul!!

1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”