Cheapest international shipping

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

bails
Veteran RRF member

Cheapest international shipping

Post by bails »

What is the cheapest way to get a Rickenbacker case, from New Mexico(U.S.) to Australia? I'm told its too big for airmail post and US$205.40 is the best price so far. I don't need it insured or guaranteed delivery, as my VISA card covers any losses, nor do I care if it takes 6 months on a container ship. I'm trying to organise this from Oz.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.
bails
Veteran RRF member

Post by bails »

I forgot to mention, it's a 330 case, which means the girth is 3" longer than allowed US Postal Service dimensions, which would have cost $28.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

...hmmm....I've shipped a couple of 330/360's overseas via usps with no problems...except trying to track them! I think USPS is the "cheapest" but also the most nerve-wracking. UPS, believe it or not, has been the most reliable for overseas shipping, at least for me....

Just my $.02 :^)
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Have to agree, UPS will be your best bet...it isn't going to be cheap but better than anyone else
---------------------------------------------------------------
Music is too important to be left to professionals.
jamesvwaal

Post by jamesvwaal »

I had a Ric 360 shipped from the US to Malaysia via Bax Global. They had excellent tracking and the price was in the same range you mentioned for shipping to Australia. You could check them out at www.baxglobal.com.

My 2 sen worth.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”