Capturing Guitar images
modrover

My Rickenbacker... Feb., 1976 430 brown finish

Post by modrover »

kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: My Rickenbacker... Feb., 1976 430 brown finish

Post by kiramdear »

Sweet! That looks like my own "player's" 430, but yours is in better shape. Mine was made in July of 1975.

How do you like it? The very flat fretboard is something different for me, but I find it easy to play and those special hi-gains are real hard-rocking. 8) 8) 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

I played one of these a few weeks back; very cool guitar. The LP Special of Rickenbackers.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

paologregorio wrote: The LP Special of Rickenbackers.
Nicely put, Paul! They are very fun to play. Glad you got to try one. 8)

You could always double-bind one, you know. :wink: :lol:
All I wanna do is rock!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Great picture, Michael! Thanks for sharing! :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
modrover

Post by modrover »

Hey, thank you... it is a lovely example of a real players guitar. There are a few nicks and dings, mostly on the outer edges, but... overall... it's a nice solid example. Yes, that flat fretboard... it's just so damn odd to me. That said, I love it! It's no thrashers guitar... unless you like a fight! :lol: Sure, jazz finger licks work fine, but start doing some bends... and you'll sound like you're just learning how to play 'em! :D I love the pickups on this... they are warm yet bright... still have a bit of that RIC jangle going on... and yes... sound amazing with a bit of grit! 8)

I only have one RIC... and I'm glad for this one. I did try a whole bunch of different Rickenbacker guitars a year or so ago...thinking I'd get a 330, but didn't like the feel of the neck (I'm a big fan of Marty Willson-Piper (The Church), Johnny Marr (The Smiths), Paul Weller (The Jam) so... I think I was going into the RIC purchase with some rose glasses on. Thing was, I still preferred my old 1986 made in Japan Strat (that I've had since new) so I left the guitar shop... a bit depressed I might add. I mean, I held, what I had thought to be the end-all-be-all and... didn't make a bond. The 330 is still my favorite looking guitar... it just doesn't fit me. Oh well, that's all behind me anyway... with this 430... I'm a made RIC man... the guitar is by far better than me! :lol:
modrover

Post by modrover »

Still love'n my 430! Damn fine simple tone machine!

Return to “Photography By RRF Members: by Jeffrey Scott”