NCD & NGD: Canon T3 & '67 625

Capturing Guitar images
collin

Re: NCD & NGD: Canon T3 & '67 625

Post by collin »

cjj wrote:Well, maybe. I mostly got into Nikon because of that old Nikon F. I inherited it and so, had a camera and a few lenses. The nice thing about Nikon is that for the most part, all the lenses fit/work on all the cameras (there are a few exceptions with really old F lenses). I can take any of my old lenses and they'll work just fine on the newest cameras...

Yep, that's the main reason there is such a dichotomy between the brands. People choose a brand and choose it early because the lenses and other hardware sure ain't cheap!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Congrats on the new camera, John! 8) BTW, Canon is better, so good choice. :wink: :mrgreen:

Look into their L Series zoom lenses; I have the 17-40/4L, 24-105/4 IS L, and 70-200/4 IS L, all great lenses, especially the 70-200. I still have my first DSLR (30D) which is fine for internet use, as that is all I use mine for, pretty much. One of these years I will get a full frame model.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I suppose you could say Canon is just a bit better since you can actually get an adapter to allow you to use Nikon lenses on a Canon. The lens mount to image plane distance on Canon is longer than that on Nikon, so you can afford the extra few mm of adding the adapter. Doesn't work the other around though...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
rickendelic

Post by rickendelic »

Nice guitar! if you've still got that 60's 330, that 625 has probably got a short pole toaster there to try out. :wink:

Return to “Photography By RRF Members: by Jeffrey Scott”