Head count

Reports from Norway
lars
RRF Consultant

Re: Head count

Post by lars »

Welcome Jan and Jarl!

This is the place for tips and hints for sure.
One of my first great experiences on the RickResourceFurum, was when I was offered to swap my modern Shaller tuners with the correct ones I needed for my 4001 '75. Jeff Rath was the man!
jamo

Post by jamo »

There are many forums on RickResource and since I am new I am uncertain where to post special questions.
I have found what looks like a signature under the pickguard. Where can I find info on that?
Where is the best place for questions on electronics?

Thanks
Jarl
Music is in the mind
lars
RRF Consultant

Post by lars »

Like in other forums, the "search" function is a good start. If you can't find the answer, you are welcome to post in the guitar section if it is a guitar, or in the bass section if it is a bass. You say you have a 2001. You mean 4001, right? Then the bass section is the place to introduce yourself and ask!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Welcome Jan and Jarl! :D Nice to see so many new members. You will find a lot of great info here, not to mention all the great fiends you are going to make.
jamo

Post by jamo »

lars wrote:Like in other forums, the "search" function is a good start. If you can't find the answer, you are welcome to post in the guitar section if it is a guitar, or in the bass section if it is a bass. You say you have a 2001. You mean 4001, right? Then the bass section is the place to introduce yourself and ask!
Of course 4001, my fingers do automaticly year. :wink:
Music is in the mind
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jarl: Welcome. It takes a couple of days to find your way around this forum.

For electronics questions for Rickenbakcers try the "Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Welcome to the forum, Mia, Jarl & Jan! :D
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Welcome Norwegian brothers and sisters! Scandanavia is one of my favorite areas of the globe, and I await your news. :D
All I wanna do is rock!
scotty

Post by scotty »

Im not that far away guys Scotland can hear you!
shout and i might hear if the winds right! :wink:
Roffa

Post by Roffa »

Hello.
I’m a new Rickenbacker player and I bought my 4003 MB a couple of months ago. Nice bass, but needs some adjustment.
I live an our drive north of Oslo, so if theres an expert on setting up Rick-basses living in or around Oslo who can help me out, please send me an PM.

På forhånd takk og ha en fin kveld
Regards Roffa
lars
RRF Consultant

Post by lars »

Hi Roffa

Is your bass new, or did you buy it second hand? If it is new, you should take it back to the store where you bought it it. If it is used, which year is it from? A lot of people here would like to give you a crash course in setting up a 4003, I guess.
tmossman

Post by tmossman »

Roffa wrote:Hello.
I’m a new Rickenbacker player and I bought my 4003 MB a couple of months ago. Nice bass, but needs some adjustment.
I live an our drive north of Oslo, so if theres an expert on setting up Rick-basses living in or around Oslo who can help me out, please send me an PM.
Try here Ralf. http://www.joeysbassnotes.com/

Step by step setup tips for Ric basses (Joey is the bass forum moderator here as well)
Roffa

Post by Roffa »

lars wrote:Hi Roffa

Is your bass new, or did you buy it second hand? If it is new, you should take it back to the store where you bought it it. If it is used, which year is it from? A lot of people here would like to give you a crash course in setting up a 4003, I guess.
Its a 2007 model, bought secondhand in Musikkbørsen in august 2008. Hardly played, and sold by a collector according to the seller.
How come the 4001/4003 should be set up with a almost straight neck, and not a "bow" like other basses?
Regards Roffa
Roffa

Post by Roffa »

miar wrote:Hei hei!
Skal begynne å poste så mye som mulig heretter :)
Virker som et kult forum!
Hei Mia.
Lurer på om ikke jeg satt ved siden av deg på Carl Palmer konserten på Smuget. Var sammen med en kollega (Geir) som filmet.
Var du på Musical Box på konserthuset? Genesis-kloninger og knallbra konsert !!!
Ellers så kommer Flower Kings på Notodden (Motstøy festival) men vet ikke om jeg har anledning til å dra. TFK er meget imponerende, og blandt de bedre progbandene i dag, etter min mening.
Regards Roffa
lars erik

Post by lars erik »

hi!

Im new in this forum and im new to rickenbacker. I currently own a Fender P bass from 1993 with active pickups. but i want something more rock. I love the rick sound and all i've ever heard about it, and I really want a 4001 or 4003 bass but im very fresh and dont really know what to look for, and what the price sould be.
can anyone out there help me?

Thanks in advance!

Lars Erik H. Andreassen

Return to “Norwegian Chapter: by Lars Nygaard”