Are we supposed to speak native?

Reports from Norway
tore-trang

Re: Are we supposed to speak native?

Post by tore-trang »

lars wrote:
kiramdear wrote:I only know a couple of phrases in Norwegian: It's a little bit like Swedish, I think.

hei!

takk deg.

Det er kald i dag.

farvel!

Jeg elsker deg.

:D (this smile translates to any language)

Norwegian is more like danish actually, but close to swedish as well. "Takk deg" would be a direct translation of "Thank you". But we would just say "Takk".

"Jeg elsker deg" is spot on! Jeg elsker deg også!

We Write more like the Danish, but most dialect are more closer to swedish. before the plague(svartedauden/Blackdeath) all in Norway wrote on dialect(the few who could), but they died in 1349,so the danish took over and learned us to write danish. But the danish writing is far far away from how they speak danish now, they have most diffrent dialects in scandinavia, and are the smallest contry. In Norway we have two writing-language, Bokmål(like danish) and Nynorsk ( collected dialectes mixed to come closer to the norse heritage and away from the dansih) It is Danish who have change the most, Norwegian and swedish and Faroe-island(Færøyene) are pretty stable but develops, and Iclandic is closet to Norrønt like the vikings spoke but the develops too. In Shetland and Orkney the speak English with Norwegian dialects. But in the viking age, it was all just dialect, He comes from southwest of Norway(as me:) he is from North of Sweden, he is from the middle of Denmark and so on.. It was only to wich King you had to pay your taxes, and that is about were the boarder are now between Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

By the way: Ha ein rektig så trevelig kveld i haustmørket ;) And take look at this band, Vikings anno 2008 uses Rickenbacker basses as their main axe.!.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UIfOWoZ6Zzo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UIfOWoZ6Zzo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Last edited by tore-trang on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
74 4001 JG
77 4001 BG

There is nothing right in my left brain and nothing left in my right brain
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Let me put on my Norse translator's cap...
All I wanna do is rock!
tmossman

Post by tmossman »

I purchased my Tommy og Tigern (thanks for the correction) at a Rema 1000 in Alta. A prized possesion as it kept me sane while visiting Karasjok and Lakselv (no night life what-so-ever). I wish I could visit more often, Norway is beautiful country.

As a side note, the the single most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life was a waitress at a Chinese restaurant in Bergen.
tore-trang

Post by tore-trang »

tmossman wrote:I purchased my Tommy og Tigern (thanks for the correction) at a Rema 1000 in Alta. A prized possesion as it kept me sane while visiting Karasjok and Lakselv (no night life what-so-ever). I wish I could visit more often, Norway is beautiful country.

As a side note, the the single most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life was a waitress at a Chinese restaurant in Bergen.
so you prefer Chinese girls LOL... kidding...yes Norwegian are beautiful people...they have found writtings from girls in south-europe were they say the Norwegian men are so beautiful and smelled good. they were very oppsessed about looking good and Saturday ment washing day. they allways did things with their hair and beard. Beautiful warriors with no fear came to Vallhalla! A viking today would be stamped as a Metrofil (men who looks gay but aren`t, they just cares about their looks) :)

Yes North Norway is nice, but I think Norway is more lovley on the west side...from Lindesnes up to around ålesund..check it out my friend!
74 4001 JG
77 4001 BG

There is nothing right in my left brain and nothing left in my right brain
bails
Veteran RRF member

Post by bails »

So who's going to get the ball rolling and start a thread with a Norwegian subject title?

Just checked the Norwegian Chapter and it's all English so far...
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.
Roffa

Post by Roffa »

bails wrote:So who's going to get the ball rolling and start a thread with a Norwegian subject title?

Just checked the Norwegian Chapter and it's all English so far...
Not any longer..... Nå er det et innlegg på norsk :)
Regards Roffa
lars
RRF Consultant

Post by lars »

tore-trang wrote:
tmossman wrote:I purchased my Tommy og Tigern (thanks for the correction) at a Rema 1000 in Alta. A prized possesion as it kept me sane while visiting Karasjok and Lakselv (no night life what-so-ever). I wish I could visit more often, Norway is beautiful country.

so you prefer Chinese girls LOL... kidding...yes Norwegian are beautiful people...they have found writtings from girls in south-europe were they say the Norwegian men are so beautiful and smelled good. they were very oppsessed about looking good and Saturday ment washing day. they allways did things with their hair and beard. Beautiful warriors with no fear came to Vallhalla! A viking today would be stamped as a Metrofil (men who looks gay but aren`t, they just cares about their looks) :)

Yes North Norway is nice, but I think Norway is more lovley on the west side...from Lindesnes up to around ålesund..check it out my friend!
I just love your modesty!
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Det er stor at du kan tale din språk i din kapittel, kare. Jeg ønsker jeg kunne gjøre det også. Men da er jeg redd, ville være jeg den eneste som forstår hva er sagt.
I'm afraid there's plenty of mistakes in the phrases above ("It's great you can speak your language in your section, guys. I wish I could do that too. But then, I am afraid, i would be the only one who'd understand what is said."). But i don't speak Norwegian at all, except for Jeg heter Sheena, so blame online translator for them. :twisted:
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
lars
RRF Consultant

Post by lars »

I'm surprised how well the online translation service works!

It's easy to understand the translated text, but it has the common mistakes like; "Great" is translated "big".
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

lars wrote:I'm surprised how well the online translation service works!

It's easy to understand the translated text, but it has the common mistakes like; "Great" is translated "big".
Funny that when i tried "cool" instead of "great", it provided me with a cool word kjølig, and as Norwegian-Russian online dictionary says, it doesn't mean "cold". :wink:
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Hei guys,Just tanke Id si en stor god dag fra Skottland! Håpe denne kommer ut rett LOL
lars
RRF Consultant

Post by lars »

Cheers, Scotty!

Return to “Norwegian Chapter: by Lars Nygaard”