Bibelots

Reports from the United Kingdom
scotty

Bibelots

Post by scotty »

Been hooked all week on Myspace listening to this band yes a Rickenbacker in their arsenal loving the fact they sound different to alot of the stuff thats out right now.Ive been coming home and listening to Devils highway and its a grower,Lovin this band so if your near london they are doing a few shows.I need to catch this band live.They have got that gritty Electa rawness that i like. Columbia come down found me emptying the dishwasher with a mission on a Monday night with the kids rioting in the living room.So the only YT video is this check it out but make sure to listen to the MS demos!!
New music,New ideas.New generation of great new music..........

http://www.myspace.com/thebibelots
Weekend Government
Attachments
l_ee463924d30648eb9e0602347ef941bf.jpg
godber
Advanced Member

Re: Bibelots

Post by godber »

Wow that vocal line pulled me up straight away - maybe Mark Morriss ought to ask for a sample fee :D

I like the swampy Pigbag vibe though.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Looks like you likey Marky boy? i hope you listened to the demos on MS.Oh and i dont mean M&S. :D good aint they.

Lovin this.
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

scotty wrote:Looks like you likey Marky boy? i hope you listened to the demos on MS.Oh and i dont mean M&S. :D good aint they....
Yeah I do Scott. They remind me of a band I used to like in the late eighties called "The Great Leap Forward" - they don't really sound like them, but it's a similar sort of mix of industrial guitar dance music.
http://www.myspace.com/alanbrownthegreatleapforward

Cheers mate - good find.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Yeah really liked that Mark enjoyed Extract from the freedom of the street and takes me straight onto another favorite of mine that were a definite underrated band from the UK. Rialto Im sure youve heard of them hasnt everyone?
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

Nice Gretsch!

..now they remind me of Aztec Camera's epic moments, but as I'm in late night DJ mode I'll offer one of Roddy's beautiful solo pieces.

Maybe we should restart/continue this thread as a follow-me-UK-DJ thing?
scotty

Post by scotty »

godber wrote:
Maybe we should restart/continue this thread as a follow-me-UK-DJ thing?
Its round about this time that Aztec Camera was up there with the best of the Scottish lads they always remind me of Love and Money now there is a blast from the 80s past.Anyway continuing in a Scottish theme no dont worry there is no Deacon Blue.shallow as i am im linking this purely on style and sound.I suppose the 80s Scottish bands all in some way were all shaped from the same mold.Deacon blue,Love and money,Hipsway and the Bluebells all seemed to me a least to have that 80s wet Wednesday feel about them.Maybe even industrial if i may go that far.

Alan McGee set up what was to become the most renowned label in Britain. Though based in London 'Creation' became a home from home for Scottish artists most notable Jesus and Mary Chain, Primal Scream and Teenage Fanclub. East Kilbride's Jesus & Mary Chain's collision of Beach Boys harmony and cacophonous feedback sounded like nothing else at the time. Scottish Pop was coming of age with more artists like Strawberry Switchblade, Jimmy Somerville's Bronski Beat, Marillion's Fish, and Hipsway regularly capturing the music media attention.

Anyway ive kept this in Scottish thread so far enjoy The Blue Nile all 6 mins of it.

Though everyone was caught up by the stirring score, Paul Buchanan said in an interview that the song was about finding true love in the middle of city life. He goes into some pretty grating descriptions of the rat race, but comes out that love can be found if you overcome the cynicism so rampant in the asphalt jungle.

Return to “United Kingdom Chapter”