My Family(British comedy)---Beautiful Ric on it!

Reports from the United Kingdom
david/wales/u.k

My Family(British comedy)---Beautiful Ric on it!

Post by david/wales/u.k »

I just finished watching an old episode of my family on Watch (109 Sky) with Robert lindsay and Zoe Wannamaker....In this episode the main character Ben (robert lindsay) starts playing guitar with his old band....He is seen throughout the episode playing a beautiful Ric but I don't know what model it is :oops:
It has that vintage look but I've been on the Ric website and can't figure it out...I don't think it's a signature model...It looks like a fireglo 330/6 but it has binding and triangle fret markers with toaster pick ups....couldn't tell the control knobs but they looked modern. It has the R tailpiece and I think vintage deluxe machine heads.Has anyone seen the episode?? Does anyone know what model it was??? ...( looked a bit like a 381V69 but don't think it was that as the binding wasn't 'checked' )...It's driving me nuts but it was a real beauty...he also played the guitar acoustically and it had a lovely tone as well.
david/wales/u.k

Re: My Family(British comedy)---Beautiful Ric on it!

Control knobs were vintage but not the cooker type ones. The sound hole was a modern one...2 pick ups btw...2 outputs.
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

It's a 360V64 David. The programme makers have good taste in basses too, with a JG 4001V63. Nice.

The show is here...
http://www.novamov.com/video/wbvdaebjuf2ok

Don't you just love the internet. :D
david/wales/u.k

Cheers Mark!! :P................Someone must have replaced the tailpiece (this ones got the R tailpiece on it)
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

david/wales/u.k wrote:Cheers Mark!! :P................Someone must have replaced the tailpiece (this ones got the R tailpiece on it)
Interesting...the Japanese RIC distributor ordered special 6 string C63s with R tails a while back, but I think your right with a V64 and replaced tail (the headstock length/TRC top position is right for a V64).

Nice guitar, good choice Mr Robert Lindsay!
Fretjob

Post by Fretjob »

I saw that programme and I thought i could make out Chris Squires Sig on scratchplate. I wondered for a bit if they had taken a CS and painted it black.

Return to “United Kingdom Chapter”