Waking Ned (in the US aka Waking Ned Devine)

Reports from the United Kingdom
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Waking Ned (in the US aka Waking Ned Devine)

Post by jdogric12 »

I recently re-watched this fun film. I wonder how it was accepted in the UK? Ireland? Are there any villages left where life is like that?
chrisdski
Intermediate Member

Re: Waking Ned (in the US aka Waking Ned Devine)

Post by chrisdski »

Love that movie.
david/wales/u.k

Post by david/wales/u.k »

Whats it about??
collin

Post by collin »

david/wales/u.k wrote:Whats it about??
Basically an elderly Irish gentleman (Ned Devine) buys the winning lottery ticket and dies of a heart attack with the ticket in hand, after learning he won.

His close friends find him and they get their entire village to pretend that one of the friends is Ned Devine in an attempt to fraud the Irish lottery company and claim the prize.

Good old film, check it out sometime...
david/wales/u.k

Post by david/wales/u.k »

That's like the Alanis Morrisette song Ironic...........'an old man turned 98, he won the lottery and died the next day!!'............The OP asked if there are still villages like the one in the film. I haven't seen the film so i can't say as I don't know what the village was like but there are still very close-knit communities in this global village of a world and i had an example of that today. I had an order of some Whirlwind guitar cables and as I hadn't received them i phoned the shop up (GAK UK ). They told me that it had been delivered and signed for by a Mrs so and so ( I can't give her name of course ) and that I should check with my neighbours next door, either side of me. As I knew my neighbours hadn't received it I checked with the guy living across the street from me. I told him the name of the woman who had signed for my parcel and guess what???
He knew where she lived even though it was half a mile away!! ( doesn't say much for the FED-EX courier that he could get it so wrong :? ) When I knocked on the door a woman answered and said 'oh it was received by my Nan (grandmother) next door. She's got it for you!'...... :o In this day and age that's that's quite nice imo :D
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Very nice! :)

Return to “United Kingdom Chapter”