Any Liverpudlians here ?

Reports from the United Kingdom
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Any Liverpudlians here ?

Post by xpitt »

Hi to UK RRF members, Liverpudlians in special :) !
My wife and I will be spending a few days in Liverpool around new year's eve.
We are looking forward to seeing some Fab historic places.
Any suggestions are welcome what else can be seen in Mersey town - any concerts, any live clubs, best guitar shop with Rics, where to go on 31st ...and so on.
Thanks in adavnce for any help !
Alex
redamber

Re: Any Liverpudlians here ?

Post by redamber »

Hi Alex. Welcome to the UK Chapter Forum.

Where I live (in Northern Ireland) is not a million miles from Liverpool, but unfortunately it is separated from Liverpool by the Irish Sea. However, I have visited Liverpool a few times and I know a good bit about the Beatles legacy.

Firstly, you must visit the Beatles Story Museum at the Albert Dock in Liverpool and maybe take one of the Beatles Tours - full details of these are on the web.

In addition, I suggest that you check out one of the best Beatles tribute bands around, called the Mersey Beatles. Have a look at their excellent website at http://www.themerseybeatles.com/news.htm, which includes details of the band, reviews, history of the Beatles in Liverpool and some really useful links to other Beatles tourist attractions in Liverpool. The band tour regularly all around Europe and are particularly popular in Scandinavia. You see also can see them perform on a number of You Tube sites, for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PoQQCL7O0M.

Better still, you will see that the Mersey Beatles are actually appearing in their home town on 31 December, venue/details as follows:

Monday 31st - New Year's Eve
The End of Year Get Back to Liverpool Show at The Liverpool Naval Club 38, Bowring Park Road, Liverpool, L14 3NN. 8pm start contact 07549-168788 or 0151 280 5051 or sales@liverpoolnavalclub.co.uk

I have got to know one of the guys in the band (Mark Bloor, aka 'John') from the time when he was trying to sell me a Ric 325V59 MG and, if you wish, I could contact him if you want any more advice.

Please let me know if I can be of any more help.
Santa visits only once a year, but Santa Ana delivers Rics all year round.
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Thanks a lot, James ! Very much appreciated :) I will send you a PM.
Mancric

Post by Mancric »

I'm not in or from Liverpool (actually from the other end of the East Lancashire Road :wink: ) and I don't know much about the Liverpool music scene these days, but if you're looking for a good Rickenbacker guitar shop in the area, then Sound Affects Music in Ormskirk (http://www.soundaffectsmusic.com/) is worth a visit. About 30 minutes from Liverpool by car or regular train service, it should be pretty accessible for you during your visit. I think Tim from Sound Affects posts on here and I'm sure you'd get a great welcome to his shop

Enjoy your trip!

Cheers

Ray
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Liver pudding! :shock:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

jps wrote:Liver pudding! :shock:
No, it's worse than that... Liver puddling...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cjj wrote:
jps wrote:Liver pudding! :shock:
No, it's worse than that... Liver puddling...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
What does a puddle of liver look like?
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Trust me, you DON't want to know...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Hey Jeff, CJ, you guys are too funny and really teach me some new english vocables :lol:
I did know pudding - but liver puddle sounds to be a special Hors d'œuvre on its own.. 8) well, we all know that english food is superb :wink:
@ Ray : I didn't know that Sounds Affects are only half an hour nearby, they have a good reputation, thanks for that information !
SoundAffectsMusic

Post by SoundAffectsMusic »

Hi Alex, you'd be very welcome to call up to the shop. I'm sorry we don't serve liver or pudding of any kind, but we can knock up a nice tea and biscuits :-)

We have a great selection in at the moment and we are getting 330 Rubys next week as well as 36012C63s. We also have a few nice vintage pieces. PM me and let me know when you will be around and I'll make sure I am there to meet you personally.

We can also show you amongst other things "the gateway to the vault" and the "Rickenbacker toilet seat" - thats got everyone thinking.........

Kind Regards
Tim
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

SoundAffectsMusic wrote:the "Rickenbacker toilet seat".........

Kind Regards
Tim
:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

SoundAffectsMusic wrote:Hi Alex, you'd be very welcome to call up to the shop. I'm sorry we don't serve liver or pudding of any kind, but we can knock up a nice tea and biscuits :-)

We have a great selection in at the moment and we are getting 330 Rubys next week as well as 36012C63s. We also have a few nice vintage pieces. PM me and let me know when you will be around and I'll make sure I am there to meet you personally.

We can also show you amongst other things "the gateway to the vault" and the "Rickenbacker toilet seat" - thats got everyone thinking.........

Kind Regards
Tim
Thanks Tim for your kind invitation. It will get difficult to steal away from my wife for that kind of visit. Only possibility would be on 2nd Jan..She might call me nuts to spend the only day possible for shopping in a guitar shop as we are flying back on 3rd.. These days I am just trying to refund the purchase of Graham's 700C/12 PW , just sold my Motorbike yesterday. Maybe I can convince her to take place on a "Rickenbacker Toilet Seat" :wink: Are there placed any "toasters" underneath ? :lol:

Return to “United Kingdom Chapter”