Aussie Roll Call

Reports from Australia
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Aussie Roll Call

Post by gregga41 »

OK,time to see just how many of us lurk in here. Tell us where in Oz you are , how you found this site and what attracted you to Rickenbackers.
It's rather well known that a great number of us live in the Melbourne suburbs ,but there must be quite a few living all over this great wide land.
Pop in and say hi. :D
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Re: Aussie Roll Call

Post by rick_ovic »

I'm here! :mrgreen:

I discovered the Forum through google searching Rickenbackers. I lurked for a while, then tried to join, but my registration went astray, so I tried again and haven't been able to get away from the place since!
'59 425, '59 335, '60 335, '60 360, '60 335F, '60 345F, '64 RM 1999, '65 RM 1998, '65 360-12, '66 335, '67 450-12, '72 4001 '72 4001, '75 4000, '75 4000CS, '00 700S, '01 700C, '01 700S-12, '01 730S-FH, '06 660 DCM
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Present, sir!! :roll:

I Googled 'Rickenbacker Forum' when I was considering a Rickenbacker in lieu of a Gretsch Duo Jet and found this place.

Much has happened since then........... all of it bloody good!!

Except for the fact that I'm running out of room in the house!! :lol: :lol:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
gellkeller
Intermediate Member

Post by gellkeller »

Another blaming Google for the flow on effect of too many Ricks. On the flip side I have managed to meet some great people. I also met Darren once or twice :lol:
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

G'day mates. I am, as far as I recall, an honorary Aussie. My preferment was ordained by several on my last trip to Oz, so I am reporting in from Canada as requested............. :D

I met Darren once or twice too............................ :lol: :lol: :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

G'day mates. I am, as far as I recall, an honorary Aussie.
True...... I must chase up my request to our PM for your certificate. Last time I tried to call he was overseas... :twisted:
bails
Veteran RRF member

Post by bails »

Melbourne suburbanite like most.

Google no doubt, though I can't remember that long ago.

Ricks because they're rare and you have to wait - Some of my previous posts have been dedicated to the joys of waiting in line for a Rick and wondering if it's even a possible marketing angle for the company. Show me a quality luthier who doesn't have a waiting list, and I'll show you a plastic toy guitar that's better than a Rickenbacker - I don't think it's gonna happen! Everyone else seems to see the wait as some kind of hassle, yet for me it's part of the appeal...
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.
Aussiericlover

Post by Aussiericlover »

I'm Perth born and bred but will be moving to Sydney to live in January. Wife is a Bondi girl and needs the family support as our little boy gets a bit older. I found the forum through the Rick site forum about 12 months ago and hardly visit the other site at all now. Always loved the shape and tone of Ric basses as I grew up and was destinied to get one eventually. I now own a 360, 4003, 4004L and a 4004cii. Non Ric Instruments: 5 String Gibson Thunderbird, Fender Jazz Deluxe, Fender Stratocaster.
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

Hi all,

Been out with my boys for the first week of school hols, then was glued to the TV yesterday for the NRL Grand Final, and have been celebrating ever since, so sorry to be late.

I'm from the suburban North of Sydney - the fringe of the North Shore - with family ties to the Central Coast. We spent the '90s in Tokyo and then Kent in the UK before returning to Sydney to live three doors down from where I spent my teenage years.

I found this site when researching Ric bass features to check on the authenticity of an ebay 4001 I was admiring.. It took several years before I signed up to the forum.

I always admired Sir Paul and, in my final year of high school, found a stripped '74 4000 in the Herald classifieds for $350. It was love at first sight...

And to more important things.... Go Manly!!!!!!
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Post by rick_ovic »

For those international members who may be browsing this thread, Evan's catchphrase refers to the Manly Sea-Eagles Rugby League club, which soundly defeated (cough cough) Melbourne Storm in the AFL Grand Final. It's not designed to be some kind of gender protest or pride march statement!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you anywhere close to Normanhurst, Evan? I lived there about 10 years ago and enjoyed my time as a Sydney-sider.
'59 425, '59 335, '60 335, '60 360, '60 335F, '60 345F, '64 RM 1999, '65 RM 1998, '65 360-12, '66 335, '67 450-12, '72 4001 '72 4001, '75 4000, '75 4000CS, '00 700S, '01 700C, '01 700S-12, '01 730S-FH, '06 660 DCM
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

rick_ovic wrote:
For those international members who may be browsing this thread, Evan's catchphrase refers to the Manly Sea-Eagles Rugby League club, which soundly defeated (cough cough) Melbourne Storm in the AFL Grand Final. It's not designed to be some kind of gender protest or pride march statement!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you anywhere close to Normanhurst, Evan? I lived there about 10 years ago and enjoyed my time as a Sydney-sider.
We're in Wahroonga Darren.. just next-door.... Sydney is at it's best right now mid-Spring: the bottle brush is blooming, the Kookaburras are laughing and all is well with the world.

I was hoping the new avatar would explain the "Go Manly" line, but on reflection the text is a tad small. :oops:
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Hi Everyone :D

I've lived in Melbourne all my life and currently reside in the bayside suburb of Mt Eliza.

I have always been fascinated by Ricks but owning one was out of the question due to relative scarcity and price over here.

I googled Rickenbacker one day and found the forum, lurked for a while, then had the opportunity to travel to the USA and returned with a nice new 360/12FG. I joined the forum shortly after and met some truly generous and helpful people in Darren Greg, Aitch, Ron, Mark and Frank, and international visitors Alisha, Graham and Brian. I must admit, joining the forum was one of the smarter things I have done!!!!!
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
gellkeller
Intermediate Member

Post by gellkeller »

antipodean wrote:We're in Wahroonga Darren..
Hey, that's where I was born! :D
carr

Post by carr »

Living Nr frankston Vic. Originally fromUK then to OZ then 13 yrs in NZ befoe returning to OZ .

When I was a working bass player decades ago I always loved the sound of Ric Bass, and the12 string Jangle and being a Beatles/Byrds.Who nut had some influence. Eventually I could afford one, then 2 then 3. 2 years ago I sold the 4003 and 360/12 keeping the 370 mg and just recently acquired a new 4003 .

Now I have to learn to play
Found this forum years ago, probably on google but have been absent for about 3 year s
J

Return to “Australian Chapter: by Greg Rahilly”