Buying A Ric From Overseas

Reports from Australia
homer

Re: Buying A Ric From Overseas

Post by homer »

Hi Matthew
I laughed out loud when i read your post - i posted just about an indentical post elsewhere in the forum.
I too am heading towards 40 and thought it is about time i take the plunge and buy my first ric and was looking at buying from the states.
I will have to have a look at pic of the rics - sounds like a good place.
Hope your guitar arrives safely.
Cheers
Andrew
Geddy Lee

Post by Geddy Lee »

gregga41 wrote:Robert, this is on Aussie ebay at the moment. Has a make an offer option, probably as they know their buy it now is way too high.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/06-Rickenbacker- ... 35ad69e9d9
Hi Greg,

Thankyou for the recommendations!

I might wait and see what bobs up in the next couple of weeks, I'm not in a drastic hurry. This one for 3300 is very expensive, considering the other one went for half the price of this one!
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

antipodean wrote:Hi Matt,

It is my impression that US dealers can't sell new Rickenbackers into Oz as Rickenbacker Asia (based in Japan) has the distribution rights in lieu of the appointment of an Australian distributor.
Not quite. The North American dealer agreement does not permit sales of new product outside of North America- period. There are plenty of countries entirely unrepresented as a result and the Japanese distributor has been permitted to sell in Australia as a convenience to Aussies. There certainly isn't much money in it for them compared to their larger Asian market and they are just as short of new product as anyone.

When there's enough goods available and I find the right distributor for us- probably requiring me to make a visit down there to check them out- I'll be more than happy to appoint an Australian agent.
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

johnhall wrote: When there's enough goods available and I find the right distributor for us- probably requiring me to make a visit down there to check them out- I'll be more than happy to appoint an Australian agent.
:shock: Wow ! This should have caused a roar down under ! A RIC agency just for you guys in OZ........ hoping the best for you ! :)
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

xpitt wrote::shock: Wow ! This should have caused a roar down under ! A RIC agency just for you guys in OZ........ hoping the best for you ! :)

Apparently not. There has been any comment on this for three weeks!
scotty

Post by scotty »

Beer must be on a winter special......
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

johnhall wrote: Apparently not. There has been any comment on this for three weeks!
John, come to Germany instead ! :wink: They don't seem to appreciate.. :(
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

We
xpitt wrote:
johnhall wrote: When there's enough goods available and I find the right distributor for us- probably requiring me to make a visit down there to check them out- I'll be more than happy to appoint an Australian agent.
:shock: Wow ! This should have caused a roar down under ! A RIC agency just for you guys in OZ........ hoping the best for you ! :)
We had a distributor few years ago, Alex. It's a difficult situation for John..... availability of goods and the "right distributor" are both rather large hurdles. No point in appointing a distributor if you can't get stock to them and no point appointing somebody who won't do the brand justice.
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Howard, you should do it, hey ? 8)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

xpitt wrote:Howard, you should do it, hey ? 8)
Great idea! :twisted:
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Yeah......... riiiiiight!!

Somebody going to lend me a few hundred thousand in start up funds :?:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

ozover50 wrote:Yeah......... riiiiiight!!

Somebody going to lend me a few hundred thousand in start up funds :?:
Sell all your instruments, that should get you started. :shock:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Yeah, but if he became the distributor, he'd just want to keep 'em all. Thus making it even more difficult to obtain a Rick in OZ, not to mention the severe lack of profitability...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Nah..... I like the ones I have.

Apart from that, I got out of all that selling and marketing jazz decades ago.... don't want to go back there!! :roll:
slave

Post by slave »

Hi all,

I'm a bit new round here - saw this when looking for info on bringing in a ric, just like our OP I guess.
Has anyone ran into any problems wth postage?
I've found a few quotes here and there on the interweb saying that aussie post sent them their Ric...but I thought the size limit prevented that?

So other than Pick of the Ricks, are there any others I should check out?

Thanks!

Return to “Australian Chapter: by Greg Rahilly”