Rickenbacker 12 techs in Sydney?

Reports from Australia
tamere

Rickenbacker 12 techs in Sydney?

Post by tamere »

Does anyone know a good tech to set up my Rickenbacker 360/12 in Sydney? Most guitar techs are clueless when working with this model I find, they just don't have the experience or knowledge of all the 12 string quirks...Can you recommend someone with good experience?
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Rickenbacker 12 techs in Sydney?

Post by jps »

Why not learn to do it yourself? It's not rocket surgery. :wink:
tamere

Post by tamere »

if you know of a good online resource that teaches how to do it, I would gladly try to learn...it's a shame there are no videos!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Here are some resources, some are geared more for bass or acoustic guitar but all the concepts directly transfer over to any stringed instrument, really.

http://www.frets.com/

http://www.joeysbassnotes.com/

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/page/ ... ent-setup/

Do a Google search, you should be able to finds lots of info, plus ask us when you have specific questions. There is also the Vibrola technical section on the RRF where you can find lots of good, useful info. 8)
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

Hi Ilias,

If you're not happy about a DIY approach and you're near the inner-west of Sydney, Frank Grubisa is worth a call. He's a restorer/builder but will happily do a set-up if required. He brought two Rickenbacker basses back from the dead for me (manufacturing old-style rods for one) and has helped out with numerous guitar issues cosmetic, structural and electrical, including on my 660/12, so he knows the product well.
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
tamere

Post by tamere »

Yes I know Frank very well. He did paint repairs on my Rick & Gibson AJ in the past. He's an artist & a great person. I didn't know he did setups as well, I will contact him.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I am glad to hear you are in good hands. 8)
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

tamere wrote:Yes I know Frank very well. He did paint repairs on my Rick & Gibson AJ in the past. He's an artist & a great person. I didn't know he did setups as well, I will contact him.
Excellent! Given you know Frank well, you'll also know how busy he can be - the only downside of dealing with Frank is getting into his schedule....
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop

Return to “Australian Chapter: by Greg Rahilly”