Tio i Topp

Reports from Sweden
admin
Site Admin

Tio i Topp

Post by admin »

There are great memories of Tio i Topp in the following videos. Can you spot a Rickenbacker?

Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
royclough
RRF Consultant

Re: Tio i Topp

Post by royclough »

loved it
rickbeat
RRF Consultant

Post by rickbeat »

This is a fantastic reminder about the time when I grew up. Remember that I listened to "Tio i topp" every Saturday afternoon at 15.00 hours. The fact that many British groups made it good here gave the Swedes many chances to see them live on smaller venues.
This program, together with the TV show "Opp-å-poppa", was one of the few sources that I could listen to as a 7-8 years old kid. I think I already at this time set my goal to be a musician (read rock star).
The first time I became aware of The Beatles was on the broadcast shown in part 1, Opp-å-Poppa. This also was a life changing event for me.
During 1963-64 there were not many Rickenbacker guitars visible on the stages in Sweden. It took some time before Rose, Morris sold bunches of twelvestrings and sixstrings. Rickenbacker was almost mandatory in bands at one period.

I can only enjoy watching these two clips and go back to Memory Lane. BTW, the producer and narrator, Rolf Hammarlund, of this is a friend of mine. We have met a couple of times discussing Beatles and Rickenbackers. He has a Model 1996 from back then. I have played it and it felt really nice!
Rolf's Model 1996 (signed by one of the few playing a Rickenbacker in the first chapter)
Rolf's Model 1996 (signed by one of the few playing a Rickenbacker in the first chapter)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks it is so nice to hear from you again. I especially enjoyed your comments underscoring the importance of this program.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Swedish Chapter: by Bjorn Eriksson”