mudcrutch

Discussing the music of Tom Petty
pc31

mudcrutch

Post by pc31 »

did anybody checkout tom pettys lastest endevour??? http://www.mudcrutchmusic.com/
this is a band he fronted in his hometown of gainesville before the heartbreakers...there are other pages dedicated to them but this was thiers...he has gone back to his roots...
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: mudcrutch

Post by cjj »

Yep, had the album for a couple of months now, fantastic stuff!
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

cjj wrote:Yep, had the album for a couple of months now, fantastic stuff!
I just downloaded it to iTunes and it hasn't really impressed me. Maybe I'll grow to like it but normally Petty's work jumps right out at me.
lcjones

Post by lcjones »

Though Petty spearheaded the resurrection of MudCrutch, Petty is not the primary character. He didn't want to be. I think the MC band is righteous and it's a welcome break from the Heartbreakers path. Leadon and Marshall really shine on the album. Of course, Campbell, without a doubt pulls it all together and makes it happen as well. I believe they accomplished what they started out to do and that is to make a roots rock set. And it worked. Crystal River is the climax for me and all I can say is WOW.... I don't doobie any more and if I did, I'd be double doobie down on that tune. The 15 minute Crystal River cut from the extended play is an absolute rocker.

Chap
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

This album didn't connect with me. Maybe I need to listen to it some more.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

simer4001 wrote:
This album didn't connect with me. Maybe I need to listen to it some more.
Well, what can I say? I suppose "fantastic" might have been a bit of an overstatement, but it's definitely an album with what I'd call "fun" music, nothing earth shattering, just fun to listen to, fun to play, in my opinion anyway.

Of course, different strokes for different folks, which is what keeps the world an interesting place...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
doesitmatter

Post by doesitmatter »

I think it's great. I like it way more than "Highway Companion".

Return to “Tom Petty Forum: by Jake Kety”