Tom's 1993/12

Discussing the music of Tom Petty

Tom's 1993/12

Postby (simer4001) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:23 pm

User avatar
(simer4001)
Veteran RRF member
 
Posts: 4278
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 9:14 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (egosheep) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:28 pm

Anyone have any contact info for Alan Rogan? I know it's a long shot but I would love to write him a letter/email.
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
(egosheep)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:29 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (simer4001) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:30 pm

egosheep wrote:Anyone have any contact info for Alan Rogan? I know it's a long shot but I would love to write him a letter/email.

I already wrote him. He will not, under any circumstances give you any of Tom's guitars. And I asked real nice. :)
User avatar
(simer4001)
Veteran RRF member
 
Posts: 4278
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 9:14 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (egosheep) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 am

simer4001 wrote:
egosheep wrote:Anyone have any contact info for Alan Rogan? I know it's a long shot but I would love to write him a letter/email.

I already wrote him. He will not, under any circumstances give you any of Tom's guitars. And I asked real nice. :)

:lol: lol, did you really write him, or is it just setting up the punchline?
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
(egosheep)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:29 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (simer4001) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:16 pm

I didn't really contact him. That way when Tom and Mike's guitars go missing no one suspects me.
User avatar
(simer4001)
Veteran RRF member
 
Posts: 4278
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 9:14 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (egosheep) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:39 pm

simer4001 wrote:I didn't really contact him. That way when Tom and Mike's guitars go missing no one suspects me.

If you didn't really contact him, then please don't pm me with his contact info. Thanks! :)
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
(egosheep)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:29 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (JakeK) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm all confused now. Brian, did you really contact him or not?

By the way, this guitar HAS been discussed before. Twice, one of which I noted that TP and MC string their Rics traditionally. In the close ups of this guitar, it's rather obvious.
(JakeK)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 5733
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Undisclosed

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (paologregorio) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Tom's is cool, but Collin's is the coolest! :lol:
User avatar
(paologregorio)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6317
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA, United States of America

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (simer4001) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:57 pm

JakeK wrote:I'm all confused now. Brian, did you really contact him or not?

By the way, this guitar HAS been discussed before. Twice, one of which I noted that TP and MC string their Rics traditionally. In the close ups of this guitar, it's rather obvious.

Jake, there is nothing on this forum that hasn't been discussed before. I just thought it was cool to show Alan talking about the guitar. You know this better than me, but how many 1993/12 reissues were made?
User avatar
(simer4001)
Veteran RRF member
 
Posts: 4278
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 9:14 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (JakeK) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:55 pm

simer4001 wrote:Jake, there is nothing on this forum that hasn't been discussed before. I just thought it was cool to show Alan talking about the guitar. You know this better than me, but how many 1993/12 reissues were made?


I know that, Brian. It's always cool to show ANY video of Tom or Mike's geets more than once! :D

There were about, I'd like to say, 12 1993/12 reissues made? Two members, Frank Malalie and Alan Sciarrillo, own one 1993/12 each. I want dibs on whoever sells one first, but odds are they aren't going anywhere for a while. (and as a side note, if one was selling me a 1993/12, my 360/12V64 would be up for sale here immediately)
(JakeK)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 5733
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Undisclosed

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (simer4001) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:44 pm

I just bought a 1997 from Kevin Kuney. I think that will hold me over for a while. Just abot everything on my "attainable" wishlist has been checked off. Of course there are several "Holy Grail" instruments I'd like to get, but I'm pretty happy where I am.
User avatar
(simer4001)
Veteran RRF member
 
Posts: 4278
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 9:14 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (BILLYC58) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Ive never seen that video before thanks for posting Tom has the coolest guitars.
Billy
(BILLYC58)
New member
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (simer4001) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:12 pm

simer4001 wrote:I didn't really contact him. That way when Tom and Mike's guitars go missing no one suspects me.

I just re-read this. Ironic that guitars actually turned up missing. I really need to watch what I say.
User avatar
(simer4001)
Veteran RRF member
 
Posts: 4278
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 9:14 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (Clifton) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 pm

JakeK wrote:By the way, this guitar HAS been discussed before. Twice, one of which I noted that TP and MC string their Rics traditionally. In the close ups of this guitar, it's rather obvious.


I've noticed that, too. I wonder why? Is it because Campbell's 620/12 originally came that way?
(Clifton)
Junior Member
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Re: Tom's 1993/12

Postby (jps) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Clifton wrote:
JakeK wrote:By the way, this guitar HAS been discussed before. Twice, one of which I noted that TP and MC string their Rics traditionally. In the close ups of this guitar, it's rather obvious.


I've noticed that, too. I wonder why? Is it because Campbell's 620/12 originally came that way?

Only the Suzi Arden guitar :( came that way from the factory.
(Insert famous quote here)
User avatar
(jps)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 35426
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:00 am
Location: Not of this Earth


Return to Tom Petty Forum: by Jake Kety

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest