New Mudcrutch release, Mudcrutch 2

Discussing the music of Tom Petty
frickengruvin

New Mudcrutch release, Mudcrutch 2

Post by frickengruvin »

I don't know if it's still running on NPR, but I listened to the release several times.
My opinion....weak at best. There's a couple of good tunes on it, but I was less than enthused to pick it up....

I'm a pretty big TPHB fan, so this is somewhat of a letdown...

What are your thoughts?
LenMinNJ
Intermediate Member

Re: New Mudcrutch release, Mudcrutch 2

Post by LenMinNJ »

It's still up on npr.org: http://www.npr.org/2016/05/12/476793671 ... udcrutch-2

I'm listening to it now. I'll post comments as it goes along.

I've heard Trailer before on a Tom Petty & THB collection - the four disk Playback box set, I think. This one is a straight-ahead nice version.
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

I thought the first Mudcrutch album was great, and was fortunate enough to catch them in Santa Barbara during their West Coast World Tour several years ago. I could have strangled the jerk in front of me who kept yelling for them to play Heartbreakers songs. Mudcrutch is a different band to be appreciated for what they are.
Ric5150

Post by Ric5150 »

LenMinNJ wrote:It's still up on npr.org: http://www.npr.org/2016/05/12/476793671 ... udcrutch-2

I'm listening to it now. I'll post comments as it goes along.

I've heard Trailer before on a Tom Petty & THB collection - the four disk Playback box set, I think. This one is a straight-ahead nice version.
Yeah, I think that was on the Nobody's Children disk. I've played that demo version enough that it's what I'm used to hearing, so the new version sounds a bit odd to me - not bad, just different. He also added the 3rd verse, which is cool.
Life is suffering; the cause of suffering is desire. Envy is a deadly sin. Save your soul, go ahead and buy another one....

Return to “Tom Petty Forum: by Jake Kety”